Reset button does not work.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Geo_k2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 17:11    Post subject: Reset button does not work. Reply with quote
What version of dd-wrt to use the WAP54G v3.1 works reset button?

Please help me

Thank
Sponsor
freonchill
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 17:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
if holding down reset for 30 not work,
try a 30-30-30

if that does not work, and you can still get into the machine - telnet to it and type in "ps" and see if the command is running

2x BUFFALO WHR-G54S
1x La Fonera
FON Client Bridge tutorial
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 17:22    Post subject: Re: Reset button does not work. Reply with quote
Geo_k2 wrote:
What version of dd-wrt to use the WAP54G v3.1 works reset button?

Please help me

Thank

The reset button will only work after you set the WAPver=3 variable as stated in the wiki. Until the firmware sees this unit as a WAP and not a WRT...the reset button won't work.

Telnet in

nvram set WAPver=3
nvram commit
reboot

Then after it boots back up...the reset button should work.

I don't have my WAP here at the house (it is in use in a church/school network) and it is running 10991 NEWD micro. The reset button IS working with all builds after V24-RC5.

redhawk

Looking for more test units (newer models) for the project...got a brick?...PM me to make a hardware donation. (USA) A donation is not a debricking service....it is a way to "Give back" to the dd-wrt project.

I do NOT provide personal assistance through chat or phone....so please don't ask.
Geo_k2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 17:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks
V24-RC5 is recommended for wap54g v3.1?

Thanks
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 18:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Geo_k2 wrote:
Thanks
V24-RC5 is recommended for wap54g v3.1?

Thanks

Try this build. It is one that seems to be working very well.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/others/eko/V24_TNG/svn11296/dd-wrt.v24-11296_NEWD_micro.bin

redhawk

Looking for more test units (newer models) for the project...got a brick?...PM me to make a hardware donation. (USA) A donation is not a debricking service....it is a way to "Give back" to the dd-wrt project.

I do NOT provide personal assistance through chat or phone....so please don't ask.
frivas
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 21:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
redhawk0,

I've installed the 11296 build on my WAP54G ver 3.1, and after the upgrade, it's detected as WRT54Gx router. I've followed the procedure to change the nvram values (nvram set WAPver=3 and nvram commit) using the web interface, and it didn't return any errors. Then, I've saved that as a startup script ("save startup" button), pushed the reboot button on the web interface, and the router didn't come back....
Of course, it was using default config (30/30/30 rule). So then, I've reset the config again, and using telnet I did the changes to the nvram, and then reboot.
The router come back identified as a Linksys WAP54G v3.x, without any problems. I've tried also to unplug the router (just to see if the config was stored), and it come back alive and kicking..!

So, if anyone have the same problem, just don't push the "save startup" button.... it still works saving the config to the nvram. Maybe this isn't necessary anymore, and the wiki info should be fixed?
The only difference that I can see, is that the box of my router has a "WAP54G-LA" legend... (i'm from Chile, so I suppose that the LA is for LatinAmerica).
The manufacture date is 05/2008, and the FCC ID is Q87-WAP54GV31.

regards,

Francisco.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: