Turn off DMZ using the Command Line Interface

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Advanced Networking
jangeador
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 18:38    Post subject: Turn off DMZ using the Command Line Interface Reply with quote
Good Morning,

Is there a way to use the command line interface to turn off the DMZ feature. I am currently at a remote site with access to SSH command line and I need to know if there are commands to do this. I do not have access to the web interface.

I am using DD-WRT 2.4.

Thanks,

jangeador
Sponsor
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 20:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you have SSH access then you can use SSH tunneling to access the router's GUI as long as you have a browser which you do since you're posting here. Here's a crash course in dynamic tunneling:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Easy_SSH_tunnels

If you want/need to avoid using it as a socks proxy then you can use remote forwarding to forward port 8080 to 127.0.0.1:80 (router's port 80) and then go to 127.0.0.1:8080 (PC's port 8080) in your browser to get tunneled to the router.

Otherwise you'll have to learn iptables or change the nvram variables and restart the firewall service...

jangeador
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 21:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks a lot phuzi0n, this was great information. I am not familiar with iptables or nvram so I appreciate you taking into account my noobiness.

One more thing, your answer solved both of my problems, the one I caused by enabling DMZ, and the original problem which was how to access a web server at home without making it public, and without the use of the VPN server.

Much obliged sir.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: