Asus RT-N12 now supported

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
overclockthesun
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guys I am getting very slow torrent speeds using build 14929.... any tips on how to improve my settings and get a higher speed. I have a 2mbps plan and am getting around 160kBps when I should be getting around 240-256kBps Rolling Eyes
Sponsor
EarlZ
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 16:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Moshe wrote:
No. Just try the original firmware, and set the little slide switch to repeater. I think it defaults to 192.168.1.1

Then log into the router using the web interface to that address, and connect to your primary router (with any security). I think DHCP is automatic.

Thats what I did, DHCP wont work from the repeater..
Moshe
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 19:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
EarlZ wrote:
Moshe wrote:
No. Just try the original firmware, and set the little slide switch to repeater. I think it defaults to 192.168.1.1

Then log into the router using the web interface to that address, and connect to your primary router (with any security). I think DHCP is automatic.

Thats what I did, DHCP wont work from the repeater..

I'm afraid I'm out of ideas for you. It works for me. Could security be an issue? In any case, I'm afraid I can't be of any more use to you.
EarlZ
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 16:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've already tried it w/o any pass keys, I even reached to a point where I made factory reset on my linksys.. I guess this is a linksys issue then?
WiFiFan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:37    Post subject: HTTPS defective in build 17084 ? Reply with quote
Is anyone else having issues with HTTPS?

I've got an Asus RT-N12 router.
I installed build 14929 (.trx) file, as per the wiki.
I then upgraded to the build that seemed to be a favorite on this thread, 17084. Specifically:
DD-WRT v24-sp2 (05/17/11) mini - build 17084M NEWD-2 K2.6 Eko

The router was working fine in Client Bridge mode for several days.

Then I decided to switch the "Web Access" protocol from HTTP to HTTPS.
And then I couldn't access the config pages anymore.

The router wasn't bricked, exactly. It was still happily routing packets. But I was effectively locked out of any means of re-configuring it.

I did a 30-30-30 reset, put it into ("slow blink") Recovery mode, and uploaded the 17084 TRX file.
That went smoothly.

Then I tried enabling both HTTP and HTTPS "Web Access" protocols. Again, access attempts with HTTPS all fail. But HTTP access still works fine.

So, is this a known issue in build 17084?
Or is this behavior unique to my setup?
NTree45
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just to make sure i understand everything

I bought the ASUS RT-N12(first revision) when my old router died the day after Christmas

I flashed the router to dd-wrt.v24-14929_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_RT-N12.trx using the instructions on the database

Within a day i found out I'm not limited to that build and can update, found dd-wrt.v24-17990_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_RT-N12.trx on the SVN, downloaded it and and changed the .trx to .bin and used the firmware update option in the router to update it.

Today i decided to look to see if there was a new version out and while searching around the forums i read that i shouldn't have updated it by renaming the file and should be using the non-specific dd-wrt.v24-17990_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini.bin file instead.

now, my questions are:

1. Am i right about using the dd-wrt.v24-17990_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini.bin file instead?

2. Should i re-flash the router because i did it wrong the first time?

3. Does Brainslayer make a build for the RT-N12 or is Eko the one making the files for the RT-N12?
3a. Brainslayer has version 1800 out, will that work for my router? and if it does how do i download it, as i seem to be unable to find a non-model specific file in his section to download.

p.s. what does the NEWD-2 mean?

Edit: im using ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/ to get the builds

Last edited by NTree45 on Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:00; edited 1 time in total
fooman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Anyone able to get repeater mode working so that a 2nd router can connect as a client/client bridge or even a repeater? I use 2 asus routers, 1 to connect to my apartment complex shared AP router, a second to extend the signal throughout the home. If I set the 1st main router that connects to AP as repeater, it connects with a good signal from the front of my apartment by the window, and it gets an IP on the AP's submet. I use my 2nd router and connect as a client/client bridge(used to connect through LAN/cables) and it connects to the repeater's virtual SSID, but unable to get a IP from the main repeater. Status page shows it being connected. DHCP on main repeater is on, its not a complex setup.

One thing that is weird about this is that I can get my laptop, my iphone to connect to this repeater. Just not another router. Only as a repeater-bridge then my 2nd router can connect, get an ip/dhcp. Its not dhcp being a problem because I've set static ip's on the 2nd router as well and no change.

Most of the last 2-3 pages are questions on setting up a repeater bridge, to share 1 subnet, and to get a ip from the main AP from the repeater, or to "roam". But I cant find a solution to repeater mode.

So Im trying to get off the main AP subnet by using repeater mode and stay on my own subnet, i.e 10.0.0.1 and not use the shared 192.168.x.x that the whole apt complex uses for security reasons (brodacasting, sniffing) Well the only solution to my problem is to use my main repeater router as a repeater bridge, and connect my 2nd router as a repeater to now also provide wifi and lan access again on my own subnet. It works but not stable, I get a lot of random disconnects, and had to create a /jffs partition and create scripts to reconnect to the repeater bridge whenever I dont receive a reply from pings every minute because its that random where it the connection just stops working, even though the router status page shows it being connected, excellent signal and all.

So far im unable to get this to work 2 other broadcom routers with 4mb flash/mini flash this router and linksys e1000. I dont know why once I made the switch from micro - wrt54g with the same configs, repeater mode dont work the same. I applied the same config I did in the past with the old routers to my replacement routers, and it dont work. I tried many firmware versions from the ftp too. Well at least I can get online, and have some security being off the subnet.

Due to the unstability Im just going to go backwards and buy the old true blue linksys routers again.
Moshe
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 0:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
fooman wrote:
Anyone able to get repeater mode working so that a 2nd router can connect as a client/client bridge or even a repeater? ....

I too have never been able to get the repeater or repeater bridge features to work on the RT-N12, newer builds. But before you give up, I am satisfied with dd-wrt on my primary AP and use the Asus factory firmware (9.0.1.3) as the repeater. One the primary, I like v. 17598M NEWD-2 K2.6 Eko better than the most recent release. It seems more stable to me. I also use the WDS/Connection Watchdog to reboot if I loose internet connection, and I schedule a reboot nightly.
WiFiFan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:37    Post subject: WPS/Reaver vulnerability in stock firmware? Reply with quote
Has anyone checked the Asus RT-N12 (any version) to see if its stock firmware is vulnerable to the Reaver WPS exploit?

Details at:
www.tacnetsol.com/news/2011/12/28/cracking-wifi-protected-setup-with-reaver.html

I've got two of these routers. One runs dd-wrt as a Client Bridge. But my AP still runs stock firmware.
Maybe I should flash dd-wrt on general principle.
the_duck
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:39    Post subject: Re: WPS/Reaver vulnerability in stock firmware? Reply with quote
WiFiFan wrote:
Has anyone checked the Asus RT-N12 (any version) to see if its stock firmware is vulnerable to the Reaver WPS exploit?

Details at:
www.tacnetsol.com/news/2011/12/28/cracking-wifi-protected-setup-with-reaver.html

I've got two of these routers. One runs dd-wrt as a Client Bridge. But my AP still runs stock firmware.
Maybe I should flash dd-wrt on general principle.

DD-WRT doesnt support WPS so you're safe. Only exception are Buffalo routers that come with DD-WRT preinstalled since those sometimes do support WPS, but I'd doublecheck that with any Buffalo routers just to be safe.
hiluke
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Moshe wrote:
fooman wrote:
Anyone able to get repeater mode working so that a 2nd router can connect as a client/client bridge or even a repeater? ....

I too have never been able to get the repeater or repeater bridge features to work on the RT-N12, newer builds. But before you give up, I am satisfied with dd-wrt on my primary AP and use the Asus factory firmware (9.0.1.3) as the repeater. One the primary, I like v. 17598M NEWD-2 K2.6 Eko better than the most recent release. It seems more stable to me. I also use the WDS/Connection Watchdog to reboot if I loose internet connection, and I schedule a reboot nightly.

I am running my RT-N12 as a repeater bridge no dramas at all. I have set this up connecting to both a Netgear DG834G and now an Asus RT-N56U (both stock firmware). Current build I am using is 17990, however I am here now looking for a recommended build, because my torrent upload speeds seem very unstable. The PC I currently have this issue with is connected via ethernet to my repeater bridge.

EDIT: I have switched to the 14929 version and I'll see how it goes.
Richard2468
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, I recently bought this router, because it seemed to be a very good router, when willing to use DD-WRT on it. The problem now is that I can't seem to upload the .trx-file. Also the .bin-files from the database don't load.
What do I have to do?
llewell
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 17:13    Post subject: How to verify hardware in Asus RT-N12B? Reply with quote
I am going to be receiving an RT-N12/B soon. (Don't know if it'll be a B or B1.) From what Asus says the new ones have more ROM and I've seen info that they have a different CPU than the original models. How do I go about finding out? Just pop it open? If I load the recommended firmware, will it tell me?

I'm thinking of using the firmware-mod-kit to add packages to the existing build to take advantage of the additional ROM if it's there.
Richard2468
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Richard2468 wrote:
Hi, I recently bought this router, because it seemed to be a very good router, when willing to use DD-WRT on it. The problem now is that I can't seem to upload the .trx-file. Also the .bin-files from the database don't load.
What do I have to do?

Update on my previous post:
I have tried many things now. Also using tftp, which also does not work. The problem now is that it is impossible to set the router into recovery/rescue mode. I even hold the button for five minutes, but the only light that starts blinking (after five seconds already) is the WPS button. I thought that maybe this was the recovery mode, but the inability (and negative message) to upload in the restoration utility, tells me different.
I really have no clue, what to do.
coolraghav
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guys, I bought asus rt-n12 lx , can I install dd-wrt in it ? if yes which version. I'm really confused. Also I bought this router to be used as repeater however I dont see option of repeater mode in the router settings.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 39, 40, 41  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 33 of 41
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: