Buffalo WZR-D1800H

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 49, 50, 51  Next
mbze430
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 17:04    Post subject: wzr-d1800h *BRICKED* Reply with quote
I have managed to brick my WZR-D1800H.

The "Buffalo" indicator is just blinking Red.

The last thing I was doing was adding IPV6 support using this method..

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/IPv6_setup_Hurricane_Electric_Tunnel_Broker

After a Saved/Apply Settings and Reboot. It's now dead.

So... this is a good time to experiment with recovery method. You think tftp will work?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried pinging 192.168.1.1 but it's not responding. I suppose this is a very bad sign.
Sponsor
Magnetron1.1
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 17:31    Post subject: Re: wzr-d1800h *BRICKED* Reply with quote
mbze430 wrote:
I have managed to brick my WZR-D1800H.

The "Buffalo" indicator is just blinking Red.

The last thing I was doing was adding IPV6 support using this method..

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/IPv6_setup_Hurricane_Electric_Tunnel_Broker

After a Saved/Apply Settings and Reboot. It's now dead.

So... this is a good time to experiment with recovery method. You think tftp will work?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried pinging 192.168.1.1 but it's not responding. I suppose this is a very bad sign.

On page 7 of the User Manual lists the Buffalo led flash codes which may help in determining the error type. Have you tried pinging 192.168.11.1 which is the factory default address? You could also use Wireshark to monitor the lan activity. Unfortunately this is my first Buffalo router so I have no previous experience with unbricking this router.
mbze430
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 17:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
I didn't even remember it was 192.168.11.1 from factory.. but no that didn't work.

I am getting 2 quick Red then a pause and then it continue to do that.

The LAN ports are still working.
Magnetron1.1
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 18:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
mbze430 wrote:
I didn't even remember it was 192.168.11.1 from factory.. but no that didn't work.

I am getting 2 quick Red then a pause and then it continue to do that.

The LAN ports are still working.

This is a Flash ROM Error. I searched the Buffalo Forum for debricking this router and didn't find anything. However here's a procedure for debricking another model router, the WZR-HP-G300NH. I bet the process is nearly the same. Also you could join the Buffalo Forum and ask the Guru's for help.

Last edited by Magnetron1.1 on Mon Jun 11, 2012 18:38; edited 1 time in total
mbze430
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 18:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am in the process of trying that procedure. I found something similar in the DD-WRT wiki. Will report back when I get something
Fractal
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 18:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
mbze430 wrote:
I am in the process of trying that procedure. I found something similar in the DD-WRT wiki. Will report back when I get something

Did you do a reset after upgrading the firmware from the last build?

Mine seems to be still working, I will let you know if I get anything weird going on.

-Fractal
mbze430
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 18:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
I always do a 30-30-30 reset.

The unit was working fine till I decided to add the IPv6 support and added a start up script.

----------------------------------------------------------

Well I couldn't get anything to work.

I have set it up a computer on 192.168.11.2 plugged in the LAN port 4. issued the arp to tell 192.168.11.1 is the MAC address underneath the unit. Can't ping it.. even just force a tftp.. always say it time out.

Call support and they said they can replace the unit.

There is gotta be another way to bring this back to life without me soldering a JTAG on to it, right?
Magnetron1.1
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 20:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
mbze430 wrote:

The unit was working fine till I decided to add the IPv6 support and added a start up script.

I have set it up a computer on 192.168.11.2 plugged in the LAN port 4. issued the arp to tell 192.168.11.1 is the MAC address underneath the unit. Can't ping it.. even just force a tftp.. always say it time out.

There is gotta be another way to bring this back to life without me soldering a JTAG on to it, right?

If the CFE is blown then JTAGing is probably the only way to recover.

My next step would be to use Network Monitoring software such as Wireshark to capture and analyse the packets on the router's LAN ports for any useful information. My guess is that the router isn't sending anything out the LAN ports.
mbze430
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 20:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
well like i said.. the lan port works... I can use one of the LAN port to piggy back to my other router and I can communicate through the LAN ports...
Magnetron1.1
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 21:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
mbze430 wrote:
well like i said.. the lan port works... I can use one of the LAN port to piggy back to my other router and I can communicate through the LAN ports...

You've kinda missed the point. Yes ... the router is passing networking traffic through it to your other router but it doesn't say what IP address it is actually using. Your assuming that it is 192.168.11.1 but what if it isn't? Then Pinging and TFTPing to this address is useless. It's very likely that the router configuration has been altered. Using a Network Monitor tool is useful in discovering this. It's definitely worth the time and trouble in learning to use this valuable tool.

Using TFTP to recover a bricked router is tricky business even on a good day.

-Magnetron1.1
Fractal
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 0:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
mbze430 wrote:

if you are passing traffic my guess is that you are stuck in the CFE..... really a serial to it would tell what is happeneing... I serial all my routers and dump the CFE.

My guess is the cfe is spitting out something, and the router might be at a CFE prompt.

The IP of the CFE I think is 192.168.1.1, buffae lo uses the 11.1 IP for its firmware. I could however be wrong on this... What makes me believe that your stuck in the CFE is that you are passing traffic on the lan ports.

I would try and check 192.168.1.1 and then fall back to serial. If you can provide serial output we can probably bring it back, however if buffalo is going to replace it, I assume serialing the device will voice the warranty.

-Fractal
Magnetron1.1
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Have achieved 1300Mbps tx/rx connection speeds between a WZR-D1300H repeater bridge and a WZR-D1300H backbone router. I used the following settings: Network Mode: N-only, Channel: 153, Channel Width: 80MHz, Extension Channel: Lower Upper, Security Mode: WPA2 Personal, WPA Algorithms: AES.

Incidentally, my Linksys E4200 repeater bridge is still connected to the WZR-D1800H backbone router at about 450Mbps.
phenixdragon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
I can't seem to get my MacBook Pro to connect any faster than 130. I have tried any combination of wireless settings you could think of. Any thoughts about why it won't connect any faster? I am also testing when the router being not even 5 feet away.
Fractal
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 14:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
phenixdragon wrote:
I can't seem to get my MacBook Pro to connect any faster than 130. I have tried any combination of wireless settings you could think of. Any thoughts about why it won't connect any faster? I am also testing when the router being not even 5 feet away.

sounds like you are using 20mhz channels or your wifi adapter is N150.... I would check the specs of the wifi adapter... I am getting 450mb/s 2.4.... I am looking for a 5ghz ac adapter for my macbook... also mac came out with a new set of laptops with retina display, but no ac wifi cards... Sad

-Fractal
Überkinger
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 15:07    Post subject: Two WZR-D1800H or two WLI-H4-D1300 ? Reply with quote
Hello,

very intresting, that DD-WRT are supporting this new
Device. Now i plan to build a Highspee-Bridge and my Question is:

Building a Bridge with two WZR-D1800H or with
two WLI-H4-D1300. So, i think only WZR-D1800H are supported from DD-WRT?

How fast is the 1300 Gbit in Reality in netto? 300-400Mbit?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 49, 50, 51  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 4 of 51
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: