Major speed drop between SB6121 Modem and WRT320N

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
TowelieD
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 23:43    Post subject: Major speed drop between SB6121 Modem and WRT320N Reply with quote
Hello all, Thanks for reading and possibly replying!

When directly connected on a Gigabit Lan port to my Moto SB6121 cable modem I get consistent 50 Mbps Down and 7 upload speeds.

When connected to a LAN port on my Linksys WRT320N with DD-WRT v24_SP2 3/25/13 mini my speed tests plummet to 14 Mbps down and 3 Mbps up.

I have reflashed, reset and tried a variety of things but am now beginning to think I may have a hardware issue at the router level.

What do you think I should do to chase this down?
Sponsor
Twingo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 0:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Looks like you need a new router, WRT320N is a 2009 product so might be too slow for your connection, back then everyone is getting about 10Mbps for Internet.
MongooseProXC
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 13:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
The WRT320 isn't a speed demon but it should achieve faster speeds than that. Does your CPU usage spike while running the tests? Maybe try the stock firmware or build 14471 mentioned in the wiki?
TowelieD
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 22:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks, I will try that and note any differences.

The CPU only loads up to about 3% on the speed test.
TowelieD
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 0:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
I finally figured out my issue with the throughput LAN speeds from Cable Modem to this router. I stumbled across it just as I was checking all my settings so I could apply them to my new router.

Then I see it...under QOS...QoS Enabled...Port WAN...Uplink 3000(kbps)...Downlink 25000(kbps)...

KATOOOSH. Who knows why I had that enabled. I turned it off and the LAN speeds now match that of direct to cable connections. Thanks for your input gents.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: