Using iptables to block internal ip address

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
o2brew
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 22:30    Post subject: Using iptables to block internal ip address Reply with quote
Having a little trouble getting iptables to block access to an internal ip address. From what I understand the following should work.

iptables -I FOWARD -s 192.168.1.100 -d 192.168.1.101 -j DROP

I can see the rule at the top of the chain using --list, but it doesn't seem to be working. It does work for external addresses. For example

iptables -I FOWARD -s 192.168.1.100 -d 64.233.167.99 -j DROP

After inserting this I can't access that ip from the .100 machine but I can from .101.

Any advice on how I can get this working?
Sponsor
GeeTek
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 0:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
IP tables does not do anything to the LAN traffic passing through the 4 port switch. Actually the 4 port switch is a 4 port switch that the router does not control at all. If you want to control connectivity between the ports of the 4 port switch, you need to read up on how to use virtual lans. With some programming, Vlans will get you where you are trying to go.
http://69.175.13.131:8015 Streaming Week-End Disco. Station Ripper V 1.1 will do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: