WRT54GS v2 ( CGN3 ) Power Supply Specifications

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Bored of Trade
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:37    Post subject: WRT54GS v2 ( CGN3 ) Power Supply Specifications Reply with quote
I bought a router off of eBay and the seller forgot to include the power supply. Could someone please tell me the WRT54GS v2 ( serial number prefix CGN3 ) power supply specifications? Looking for output voltage, amps, and polarity please. Thanks!
Sponsor
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
+12V @ 1000mA (1A) Ground is on outside of barrel, +12V on inside pin of barrel

You can use a PC power supply....

redhawk

Looking for more test units (newer models) for the project...got a brick?...PM me to make a hardware donation. (USA) A donation is not a debricking service....it is a way to "Give back" to the dd-wrt project.

I do NOT provide personal assistance through chat or phone....so please don't ask.
anectine17
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 22:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have a new factory replacement power supply for that unit if you're interested. $15 total will ship it in the US. Let me know if you're interested...PM me here or e-mail me: abessey(at)runbox(dot)com
Linksys E2000 w/15200 "Big"
Linksys WRT54G v.4
La Fonera 2100, fan-cooled
Linksys WRT54G v.3.1
Linksys WRT54G v.1.1
Linksys WRT54GS v.1
2x Linksys WRT54G v.2.2

Peacock Thread - READ THOROUGHLY
Bored of Trade
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 0:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Before I go out and buy a replacement adapter, is the WRT54GS power adapter the same as the one for the BEFW11S4? I am temporarily using a neighbor's old router at my apartment but I won't be there until Monday. If the adapters are the same, it'll save me a few dollars.

*UPDATE*

Apparently, they both use the same power supply according to their respective user guides. I'll double check my neighbor's BEFW11S4 power adapter with the specifications that redhawk0 provided, just to be sure. Thanks for the help, guys! Smile
anectine17
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 0:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
The BEF uses a 5 volt 2 amp power supply. I'd also bet it has a 2.5mm plug instead of a 2.1 and will not fit into the WRT's power inlet. The 5 volt unit will power up the 12 volt WRT, but it won't work properly. You need a 12 volt, 1 amp power supply with a 2.1mm center positive plug. Like I said, I have the factory replacements or aftermarket replacements for a bit less ($12 shipped for the aftermarket units).

Why not just have the person you bought it from on ebay send you the correct power supply? I'd demand it, personally.

Good luck.

Linksys E2000 w/15200 "Big"
Linksys WRT54G v.4
La Fonera 2100, fan-cooled
Linksys WRT54G v.3.1
Linksys WRT54G v.1.1
Linksys WRT54GS v.1
2x Linksys WRT54G v.2.2

Peacock Thread - READ THOROUGHLY
Bored of Trade
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'll have to take a look at the BEFW11S4 adapter once I get back to my apartment. Once I'm home on Monday, I'll contact the seller and ask her to send me the adapter.
Bored of Trade
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 20:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Checked the power supply last night on the BEFW11S4 v4 and it has an output of 12V DC 1000mA. The barrel connector was the same size as the power adapter for my WRT54G v1.1 as well so I decided to try it with my WRT54GS v2. Now I'm running v24 RC3! :)

Thanks for your help, guys!

I did request that the eBay seller send me the power adapter, but I really don't care anymore. I can't argue with getting a WRT54GS for $32 (shipping included)! Smile
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 22:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have BEFW11S4 also....same power supply

12V @1A.

redhawk

Looking for more test units (newer models) for the project...got a brick?...PM me to make a hardware donation. (USA) A donation is not a debricking service....it is a way to "Give back" to the dd-wrt project.

I do NOT provide personal assistance through chat or phone....so please don't ask.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: