Disable hardware buttons?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Dulanic
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 0:35    Post subject: Disable hardware buttons? Reply with quote
I have a R7000 and I need to disable the front buttons. Issue is I have a 2 year old who loves lite up buttons and he turns of the wifi multiple times a day. Very frustrating.
Sponsor
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 0:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
The next couple times you catch your 2 year old touching or coming near the buttons, slap the top of his hand. He will quickly learn.
Mine did.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
I must be lucky. No issues with my 2-year-old. Not yet at least. Smile
WRT54Gv8.2 - V24 Micro Build 22118 configured as AP
Dulanic
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
HalfBit wrote:
I must be lucky. No issues with my 2-year-old. Not yet at least. Smile

Didn't start until around 2 and 2 months. He's actually almost 2 and a half now. He probably finds it funny because of my reaction lol
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:18    Post subject: Re: Disable hardware buttons? Reply with quote
Dulanic wrote:
I have a R7000 and I need to disable the front buttons. Issue is I have a 2 year old who loves lite up buttons and he turns of the wifi multiple times a day. Very frustrating.

Services->SES / AOSS / EZ-SETUP / WPS Button

Allows you to turn turn off radio button feature.

Services->USB->Use SES Button to remove drives

Allows you to turn off the second button on the R7000.

Management->Reset Button

You can turn off reset button feature. But I don't think he manages to press that one yet and I would not turn that off, because reset might get important:-)
justyourimage
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 13:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Why don't you just Wall-Mount your R7000? All you need is two screws, a screwdriver and a ruler / tapeline.

Then he wont reach it anyway which is probably a better idea then just disabling the Buttons.

Just be sure to put the Power Cable high as well and you're save - or better said your kid is save. Smile

My contributions:

[Script] Adblock Plus Filters for Privoxy (without Optware)
[Privoxy-Template] PVXY Modern (officially integrated in DD-WRT starting Build r25541)

My Devices:

Netgear R7000 running DD-WRT Kong 25580 with wl0_ampdu=off as Router
ASUS AC66U running DD-WRT Kong 23900 OLDD downclocked to 500 MHz as Repeater
ASUS N66U running 374.43_2 MerlinWRT with BL1.09 downclocked to 500MHz as WET for my Mainmachine
Linksys E2000 running Tomato v121 as WET for my Synology DS214play and Minix Neo X7 Mini
Dulanic
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 15:56    Post subject: Re: Disable hardware buttons? Reply with quote
<Kong> wrote:
Dulanic wrote:

Management->Reset Button

You can turn off reset button feature. But I don't think he manages to press that one yet and I would not turn that off, because reset might get important:-)

Thanks Kong! You and your firmwares rock!
Dulanic
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 15:58    Post subject: Re: Disable hardware buttons? Reply with quote
<Kong> wrote:
Dulanic wrote:

Management->Reset Button

Uh oh, I just checked and both are already disabled, yet the button still turns off my wifi? It's one of the front 2 he hits.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: