WiFi always off after Reboot or turn off/on Radio on E1200

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
dirapina
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 14:46    Post subject: WiFi always off after Reboot or turn off/on Radio on E1200 Reply with quote
Hello All,

After had been used the E1200 with original Firmware for 5 months, two weeks ago I moved to dd-wrt. Since this date I had a lot of problem to access my network via WiFi. Every time I reboot the router or that I turn off and then on radio, the Wifi stops to work.
Eth is always working fine. When I had this problem in WiFi the only solution is to log in via eth and change any parameter in WiFi, i.e. I tried: channel, ssid name, type of network (g only, gn and mixed).
Everytime I do it the WiFi works perfect until next reboot.
I tried reset to defaults (via SW or 30/30/30). I tried dd-wrt.v24-19342_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-e1200v2 then dd-wrt.v24-22118_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-e1200v2 and now I am using dd-wrt.v24-22118_NEWD-2_K2.6_big-nv64k.
I have no other complaint besides WiFi.
My major complaint is that I need to turn off the radio during the night. So it is a major problem to me.

I don't know if you saw this behavior and if you have some suggestion. Any idea is welcome.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best,
Sponsor
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have read of this issue with some of the newer units & 22118, most i could advise from here is rolling back to a previous build until a newer test build is released. IIRC the previous build was 21676

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
sonofabit
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 21:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
are there any new build releases that resolved this issue? I'm using DD-WRT v24-sp2 (07/24/13) big
(SVN revision 22118)

and any time i reboot the router (or power goes off) i have to hard-wire to the router with my laptop, change the name of the wireless SSID, save changes, then change it back for it to turn on.

should I downgrade or is there a newer one to upgrade?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: