Cisco-Linksys EA2700 - Factory FW Replacing DD-WRT w/o warn

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
MaxArk68
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 20:20    Post subject: Cisco-Linksys EA2700 - Factory FW Replacing DD-WRT w/o warn Reply with quote
I have a Cisco/Linksys EA2700 router. Orginal firmware was 1.0.14.129982.

After resetting the router with the inset button, and doing a 30-30-30 reset, I had installed DD-WRT version 25309 (dd-wrt-25309-ea2700.trx). The installation took well with no concerns.

I made the necessary setting adjustments for my VPN and all was working well.

After a couple weeks, I had lost connection with my secure router configuration. I could no longer see the connection in a scanned list of available connections.

I went into my router's configuration via my browser, and to my surprise DD-WRT was gone and replaced by the stock firmware. On closer examination, I had discovered that my wireless connection was open to the world due to the unconfigured Cisco router! Augh.

This has happened twice now where at some unknown time, the Cisco firmware kicked out the DD-WRT and leaving my wireless connection insecure until it's realized the firmware swap was made.

Yes, it's a PIA to always have to reload DD-WRT and reconfigure, but not as infuriating as having an open connection for an undetermined time. No notice of the swap going to take place,and no evidence that the swap has taken place until you fail in connecting through the previously secure connection.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is this common? Mostimportantly, is there a way to prevent this from happening??!!
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: