New to Routers, need a little help.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> ARM or PPC based Hardware
SableDasDeutsche
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:13    Post subject: New to Routers, need a little help. Reply with quote
Hello, I am very new to routers and installing software on them, and DDWRT is little complicated for me as I'm scared that I'll mess up something, and I recently I bought a Netgear WNDR3700 with DDWRT installed from the previous owner, and I have tried to flash it off, but failed. I followed this guide to the word: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=79802 But I have a specific question, what does it mean "Local Area Connection" does it mean the router network I'm using at the moment or the router that I just got, or is there something I'm missing? I went ahead and changed the WNDR3700's IP to 192.168.1.1 (As the guide said) and left its Subnet Mask as 255.255.255.0. Then I set the router in Recovery Mode, went to the Windows Features and enabled TFTP, and entered this in CMD: tftp -i 192.168.1.1 put WNDR3700-V1.0.4.68NA.img (I have the exact file he had) and I get
[tftp: can't read from local file 'tftp -i 192.168.1.2 PUT WNDR3700-V1.0.4.68NA.img'] This is exactly like the guide said, but I still cannot seem to get it working. I am a complete noob to this so please, explain the answer in a dumbed-downed version if it's possible. Thanks ~ Sable
Sponsor
Gameman Advanced Kid
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
unless your from another country, please fix your punctuation. and you are posting in the wrong place.

as for your router, you need to give us which version of the router you have as netgear makes multiple versions of the same router. you can find this on the routers label.

is it a WNDR3700v1? v2? which is it? if you give us teh right version not only can we help you but also direct you to the correct sub forum that will get you help for that router.

also, google "dd-wrt peacock thread" and give it a thorough read.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> ARM or PPC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: