R7000 cannot flash anymore after beta build 28444

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Puppetnation
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 23:35    Post subject: R7000 cannot flash anymore after beta build 28444 Reply with quote
Hello there,
my R7000 was first flashed with Kong build 28000 and later, with 28444 beta to test new functions.

Once flashed beta build 28444 there's no chance to flash any other build from DD-WRT administation page (older, newer or stock builds) because it starts displaying the countdown "299 seconds..." and just after a couple of seconds everything disappears resulting in an unaccessible DD-WRT interface, but every router function is still working. Power led (usually White) blinks 3 times every 5 seconds to infinite, a reboot will get the unit to the normal behaviour.

I tried erasing nvram and rebooting from telnet, then trying to flash stock fw, dd-wrt initial...: nothing

I tried same multiple files via TFTP: nothing

I also tried a fw flash tool for Draytek routers: nothing

I wonder if there's a way to get my R7000 still flashable without opening it and using the serial cable method. I sincerely don't know how to do.

Luckily , build 28444 works fine, but I'd prefer a Kong build and, anyway, an upgradeable unit...

Please help...

Puppetnation
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:28    Post subject: Re: R7000 cannot flash anymore after beta build 28444 Reply with quote
I realized TFTP flash was useless because "listening" was not enabled from router. To enable it a serial connection is required.
Does anyone know another way to enable it? I'd avoid to unscrew the unit if not mandatory, I'm afraid to make some other trouble...

Thanks in advance...

Puppetnation wrote:
Hello there,
my R7000 was first flashed with Kong build 28000 and later, with 28444 beta to test new functions.

Once flashed beta build 28444 there's no chance to flash any other build from DD-WRT administation page (older, newer or stock builds) because it starts displaying the countdown "299 seconds..." and just after a couple of seconds everything disappears resulting in an unaccessible DD-WRT interface, but every router function is still working. Power led (usually White) blinks 3 times every 5 seconds to infinite, a reboot will get the unit to the normal behaviour.

I tried erasing nvram and rebooting from telnet, then trying to flash stock fw, dd-wrt initial...: nothing

I tried same multiple files via TFTP: nothing

I also tried a fw flash tool for Draytek routers: nothing

I wonder if there's a way to get my R7000 still flashable without opening it and using the serial cable method. I sincerely don't know how to do.

Luckily , build 28444 works fine, but I'd prefer a Kong build and, anyway, an upgradeable unit...

Please help...

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 18:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm having the same problem, any help would be appreciated
Puppetnation
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 20:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Skinzaholic wrote:
I'm having the same problem, any help would be appreciated

I'm just gonna open the unit and use the serial cable method, I'll let you know.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 21:47    Post subject: DONE! Reply with quote
Just finished, everything was easy and flawless, just follow this tutorial, well done and useless to write down another one based on my own experience, this is great:

http://myopenrouter.com/article/how-debrick-or-recover-netgear-r7000-r6300v2-or-r6250-wi-fi-routers

Just find a serial-to-TTL adapter (a few bucks on eBay), obviously a serial port-equipped pc (which is quite rare nowadays, alternatively find a USB to serial adapter cable which is good enough for the job). Also find some thin coloured cables and some needle pins (ask the electronic store, just show a pic of the router board golden pins, they should know, I guess it's called Dupont cable...).

Good luck man!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: