Edimax BR-6524N

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
trex450
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi
under status -> wireless -> the site survey does not working on my ... did any of you got it to work??
i am trying to get it to work as Repeater Bridge

UPDATE: i can see wireless devices under wiviz survey but not site survey.
Sponsor
gm972
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:47    Post subject: restoring edimax 6524n to original firmware Reply with quote
Hi all,

noob here.
tried to install the latest wrt-dd release for br6524n router. work fine.

the only thing i need it for doesn't exist in this release.. I needed the client bridge Sad (option missing)
tried to do it with repeater bridge using some of the guides but it didn't work.

so now I tried going back to original firmware using the gui firmware update. gave it the 1.58 release.
and i got an error message saying the update failed. nothing more than that.

I tried looking for a guide on how to do it using tftp. no luck there.. everyone that wrote about this thinks we're all veteran linux users..

can some one point me in the right direction or guide me?.

thanks
gm972
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
trex450 wrote:
Hi
under status -> wireless -> the site survey does not working on my ... did any of you got it to work??
i am trying to get it to work as Repeater Bridge

UPDATE: i can see wireless devices under wiviz survey but not site survey.

I tried the same.. worked on it for 2 days.. just doesn't work. ever since they removed the client birdge..
I have an olt linksys 54g .. it work great there and still is working as a client bridge for over a year now..
gm972
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:51    Post subject: Re: Latest build Reply with quote
kmmng wrote:
In case anybody wants to try, this is the latest build for BR-6524n. L2TP users can try it, maybe there is an improvement with L2TP support (I hadn't tested it).

And I still don't understand - why there is no official support for this router ??? It is so easy to add.

this is the image I used ... its missing the only thing i needed .. client bridge.. and repeater bridge doesn't work.
Sad
gm972
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
kennnny wrote:
Thanks Kmmng...
I also use the image15747 on my planex MZK-W04N-XX...
It does work..
I use tftp to flash my AP.
http://wiki.openwrt.org/inbox/mzk-w04n

Thanks rylos too.

The image16454 has pppoe problem. PPPoE can not work...

looked at this link .. found this:

And then boots to some lame GUI-ish login program…

Discussion

So I ordered a MZK-W04N instead of the USB equipped MZK-W04NU … The MZK-W04N is a totally different beast. Oops.

I haven't been able to find GPL source for this thing, but it def is running U-Boot and Linux. Seems similar to the Asus RT-N15, Belkin F5D8235-4, Linksys WRT-160N, etc.

===== UPDATE 10/jun/2010 ======

Planex (PCi) W04n-XX is IDENTICAL to Edimax 6524N router. The only difference is ROM & RAM sizes.

I've just flashed a custom firmware (dd-wrt) specific for Edimax 6524N on my MZK-W04N-XX and it's working perfectly.

How to flash without serial cable: Configure your PC with static IP address between 192.168.1.2 and 192.168.1.5 (ex. 192.168.1.2). Connect your pc to mzk-w04n-xx port 1. Remove the power cable from the router. Press and hold reset button, while inserting the power cable, hold pressing the reset for 10 seconds. Now w04n-xx is accepting tftp flashing on fixed IP 192.168.1.6.

Enjoy. By RyLoS (you can reach me on rylos78@gmail.com) Press and keep pressed th

can some one just tell what commands i need to put in once i login to wrt-dd with telnet/ssh?

I'm glad that i found this guide that says you have to push the reset button etc etc... to enable the flash.. but people - there are noobs like me in the world.. try to be more detailed so we can learn and experiment too.. Smile
LeesaPaxtonanrt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
How does Styles can be applied quickly to selected text. roll on top of the portable lecturer? A quest volunteers below the intimate. The love delights Styles can be applied quickly to selected text.. The fascist bubble duffs the whim past a little mystic. When will Styles can be applied quickly to selected text. blow a purple? How does Styles can be applied quickly to selected text. shelter a pleased sister?

-----------------------------------
asian bride
gm972
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 19:49    Post subject: come on people - please.. help!! Reply with quote
I need to unbrick my edimax br6524N
its already running dd-wrt v24 sp2 ..
can't get it to reimage from GUI,, and I dont' know how to do it from TELNET/SSH CLI... please give clear instructions on how to image it back with orig firmware..
i even tried another release of dd-wrt through GUI and all I get is update failed message..
EarL007
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 17:10    Post subject: Re: Latest build Reply with quote
kmmng wrote:
In case anybody wants to try, this is the latest build for BR-6524n. L2TP users can try it, maybe there is an improvement with L2TP support (I hadn't tested it).

And I still don't understand - why there is no official support for this router ??? It is so easy to add.

does PPPoE work in this image?
EarL007
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 21:04    Post subject: Re: Latest build Reply with quote
EarL007 wrote:
kmmng wrote:

does PPPoE work in this image?

i tried it, not. i set up as my isp needs, user/pass and did apply/save/reboot, nothing happened.
brkmk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 23:37    Post subject: Re: Latest build Reply with quote
kmmng wrote:

Sorry for possibly dumb question, but WHERE could I get this build? I couldn't find any link to repository and don't see any attachment.
spoker
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 19:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
hello

i`m noob here and i have big problem with my edimax 6524n. I tried to flash with a new dd-wrt soft, i tried with all images (bin) with this big post....
After flashing i wi-fi is not blinking, when i try to connect to router from 192.168.1.1 i see the popup with user and password i try combination admin/root, admin/admin admin/1234 and cannot to enter to menu, what is wrong? Tell me how long takes you flashing, it takes mi even 9 sec, is it normal or too short? Can i back to factory image 1.58? what should i do now?
the111
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 16:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello,

I managed to flash my 6524n with the latest dd-wrt firmware from this thread 17201. (you have to register in order to see the attachments).

I connected via L2PT and indeed my speed dropped (as expected) from 12Mb (LAN and Wireless) to around 7-8Mb over wired LAN and 6-7 over Wireless.

Was this a problem in regular DD-WRT releases? Has this been solved?

I want to try PPTP for comparison.
Does it work in this n 17201 version?
I have tried it with no success. the setting PPTP passthrough keeps jumping back to Disabled automatically (by itself).

Will PPTP make a speed difference? has anyone been able to use it under this firmware?
yaronkle
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 13:09    Post subject: looking for a version that pppoe works Reply with quote
Hi,
Is there a version with pppoe working?
The ones I tried can't connect.

Thanks.

Update: Build 14815 in this thread has PPPOE support although the router dies after 8 to 24 hours.
solf
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:50    Post subject: DD-WRT does not fix poorly working LAN ports Reply with quote
[REPORT] On Edimax BR-6524n I was having poorly working LAN ports (some packets being lost during ping test). I thought that flashing DD-WRT will fix the problem. I tried various builds listed on this thread (only shown when logged in), even configuring router as a switch. It did not fix the LAN ports. After flashing, the ports worked properly only for a few minutes.
Builds not listed on this thread did not work at all - the router automatically went back to previous version.

[TIP] In case you are unable to TFTP (timeout occurs), try to reconfigure your adapter to 10 MB/half duplex.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Display posts from previous:    Page 8 of 8
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: