dd-wrt on top of Snappy Ubuntu?

Would DD-WRT on top of Snappy Ubuntu be useful to you?
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 5 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

kirkland
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 15:25    Post subject: dd-wrt on top of Snappy Ubuntu? Reply with quote
Howdy!

Long time DD-WRT user here, on many of my devices. I'm also an Ubuntu Core Developer, working for Canonical on Snappy Ubuntu -- Ubuntu's transactional, image-based Linux distribution: http://www.ubuntu.com/snappy

Snappy Ubuntu is rapidly working its way onto various network switches, gateways, and smart appliances, both at home and in the enterprise. Ubuntu's kernel and OS already enable a broad spectrum of x86 and ARM hardware, both 32-bit and 64 bit (sorry, no MIPS).

It occurs to me that DD-WRT would make a fantastic application on top of Snappy. Fast moving, modern Linux kernels and open source userspace, predictable release cycles, regular security updates, thousands of packages just an install away, all underneath the dd-wrt UI and network functionality.

Would this be interesting to anyone else?

I'd love to work with someone and help define the interaction points, where Snappy Ubuntu's kernel and userspace could compliment DD-WRT's UI and network administration services, and make something cool happen...

Cheers,
:-Dustin
Sponsor
targa
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
cool thing, was actually the first thing i thought, when I heard about snapoy core....
VTecheira
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 19:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
I like the idea of this, because it's cool coding for it's own sake. But my imagination is lacking and I'm curious as to the various use case that can take advantage of this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Generic Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: