Netgear AC1450/R6300v2 - Bricked after nvram erase&&

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
stormlight1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 17:55    Post subject: Netgear AC1450/R6300v2 - Bricked after nvram erase&& Reply with quote
Making the long story short: I was having password login issue and couldn't reset nvram using the reset button. So I serially connect to the router and issued command "nvram erase&&reboot". It takes it and reboot the router. After the reboot, I power cycled and the problem begins.

All sudden, the router cpu overheat really bad. Front LEDs go on and turn dim and soon die out (2 sec for the whole process). NIC won't even power cycle at all. After a few hour of scrutinize for potential short circuit: none to be found. I said screw it and let the router smokes it out. Apparently after 30 min, all the leds light return and back to full brightness. CPU is no longer as hot. I power cycle again and the NIC is working and all LEDs remains at full brightness. I can ping 192.168.1.1 upon power cycle for ~15sec the it goes away. Serial has no output. Do not even see boot loader load at all. Just a blank screen.

So I believe I fully erase my whole flash including CFE, lol. I think the only way to do fix this is to jtag. Would someone please point me in the right direction?

Is there a place I can redownload CFE? One note is when I am abled to ping it during the 15sec period, it has the correct MAC address. So I am questioning if the CFE got erased.
Sponsor
stormlight1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 15:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mod,
Would you please move this post to Broadcomm section of the forum? Thank you for your help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: