transmit power and auto ap questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
izzysanime
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 16:02    Post subject: transmit power and auto ap questions Reply with quote
Hi,

I have 2 questions, ^_^
1 - For the transmit power, if i did turn it up over 70, maybe 120, or even all the way to 251. I know that it says if you turn it up to much that it will over heat the router and decrease its life, by how much will it affect the life? Will it take a year off, or only a few days kind of thing?

2 - I noticed in the forums, there is a custom script that would allow the router in client mode to list the available wifi networks, automatically connect to any open wifi networks, if lost it would reconnect to another network. I noticed it was started in 2006, so im not sure if it is old and is already in my latest dd-wrt install. If not, could someone give me a direct link to the release?

thanks,
Josh
Sponsor
cid12
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 16:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
here is the new autoap

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6575&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=765 Laughing

buffalo whr G54s Repeater
izzysanime
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 16:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok, how do i install that?

I tried connecting through SSH, but then its denied (i do have ssh turned on)OK, now it asks for my password, which i enter, and it says incorrect password (im using the same password that i use to login in to the router as root)

thanks,
Josh
izzysanime
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 21:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
hmm, i guess that i have to also login as root on mac terminal for it to work, not sure why. So i can get on through SSH.

But how do i install the new script?

thanks,
Josh
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: