Linksys WRT300N Ver.2.0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2  Next
propalica
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 14:20    Post subject: Linksys WRT300N Ver.2.0 Reply with quote
Hello all..

I bought a new WRT300N thinking that it is version 1.0 because it says bla bla N version 1.0 on the box, but the router is version 2.0 and I was so sad Sad Today I read on the net that there's no ver.1.0 in Europe.. I got even more sad.. That sucks!!

But I saw somewhere in the forum that someone is making some new drivers for WRT300N v2.0 but I never found out if it was done.. Can some1 tell if it is done and if version 2.0 is supportet? Or if it will ever be supported. If it is not going to work with dd-wrt I can not use it for anything..

Please tell me if somene has dd-wrt running og v2.0 and how :)

I hope that there's some hope that version 2.0 will run dd-wrt some day..

My other question is: What will happen if I try using original Linksys ver.1.0 firmware on my version 2.0? Will it convert tu v1.0 or die?
Sponsor
GunTolo
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:24    Post subject: Re: Linksys WRT300N Ver.2.0 Reply with quote
propalica wrote:
My other question is: What will happen if I try using original Linksys ver.1.0 firmware on my version 2.0? Will it convert tu v1.0 or die?

never try that , can make your router bricked ....

for 300n v2.0 ....not supported until now

28 GL+DD-WRT v23 SP3 Std
13 WRT300N v.1 v24 06-20-07
2 GL/SP1/200 mW+Hyperlink 24 db >> 16 km Point to Point
propalica
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
I know.. I would not do it, but I thought that maybe linksys had some universal drivers or both in their firmware.. But never mind, linksys firmware is bad. Theres nothing you can do with it..

I want dd-wrt, but I see there's no news about WRT300N version 2.0

It looks like i will have to buy WRT350N.. But can someone tell me if the antennas on WRT300N can be unscrewed lik on WRT54G(s/l)?? I would like to buye some stronger antennas for it if possible...
Rekoil
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Antennas cant be unscrewed unfortunately. And by the way there are V2 WRT350N's too now, watch out for devices with a serial number starting with SNQ. WRT350N V1's serial number starts with CNQ. Happy hunting Smile

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Rekoil wrote:
Antennas cant be unscrewed unfortunately. And by the way there are V2 WRT350N's too now, watch out for devices with a serial number starting with SNQ. WRT350N V1's serial number starts with CNQ. Happy hunting Smile

WHAT!? Shocked
I was looking at linksys site for firmware updates and there wasn't v2.0 så i thought that only version 1.0 is out, but now I see that I have to be carefull with WRT350N too.
Yhank you very much recoil for the tip.. Will defenitly look for serial CNQ and I think that I should be very fast with my buying before version 1.0 is gone..
O maybe I should just stick with my WRT54G with good antennas Smile
WRT350N costs up to and above 200€ here in Europe..

But one question.. Yesterday I saw somewhere that version 1.0 of WRT300N never came out in Europe.. Is it the same with WRT350N? Did someone find v1.0 in Europe?
Rekoil
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm afraid the V2 came out way back in June so maybe you should hit up eBay.

Don't know if the WRT350N V1 came out in Europe, but I'd say so give it's their flagship N device.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 13:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Rekoil wrote:
I'm afraid the V2 came out way back in June so maybe you should hit up eBay.

Don't know if the WRT350N V1 came out in Europe, but I'd say so give it's their flagship N device.
All dd-wrt compatible Linksys versions (150, 300, 350) are discontinued, flagship or not. :/
tomten
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 13:14    Post subject: Re: Linksys WRT300N Ver.2.0 Reply with quote
propalica wrote:
If it is not going to work with dd-wrt I can not use it for anything..
Same here, I need client mode (both bridged and unbridged).
propalica
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 13:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
tomten: I knew it Rolling Eyes
If I finde one version 1.0 then i guess I should be very lucky, but in most cases I'm not.. But who knows, maybe I'll finde one or even better maybe some day dd-wrt will work with the new chips Very Happy
propalica
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 13:39    Post subject: Re: Linksys WRT300N Ver.2.0 Reply with quote
tomten wrote:
propalica wrote:
If it is not going to work with dd-wrt I can not use it for anything..
Same here, I need client mode (both bridged and unbridged).

Me too.. I need Client or repeater mode more then anything else Smile And maybe some overclocing.. And maybe some virtual devices.. And.. and. .I need everything dd-wrt has Smile
Rekoil
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 13:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
propalica wrote:
If I finde one version 1.0 then i guess I should be very lucky, but in most cases I'm not.. But who knows, maybe I'll finde one or even better maybe some day dd-wrt will work with the new chips Very Happy

Definitely better for you to find a V1 device as the V2 device has only half the amount of RAM that the V1 has. It also has an obscure CPU, made by Marvell... you know, the network chipset manufacturer, not CPU manufacturer Razz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 14:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Rekoil wrote:
Definitely better for you to find a V1 device as the V2 device has only half the amount of RAM that the V1 has. It also has an obscure CPU, made by Marvell... you know, the network chipset manufacturer, not CPU manufacturer :P
I've had only bad experience with Marvell NICs.

Be vewy quiet... I'm hunting CNQ!
propalica
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 14:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Rekoil wrote:
propalica wrote:

Definitely better for you to find a V1 device as the V2 device has only half the amount of RAM that the V1 has. It also has an obscure CPU, made by Marvell... you know, the network chipset manufacturer, not CPU manufacturer Razz

Thank you Smile
And like tomten says: Be quite, I'm on a hunt for CNQ Very Happy Laughing
propalica
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 16:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is there something new about WRT300N v.2.0??

I see that linksys has released GPL code for the latest firmware in Europe.. Does that mean that ddwrt soon can be made for v2 routers or what??

There's also some .zImage file for v2 on openwrt, but I don't know what it is used for.

Thanx for the answers..
tomten
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 16:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
propalica wrote:
Is there something new about WRT300N v.2.0??

I see that linksys has released GPL code for the latest firmware in Europe.. Does that mean that ddwrt soon can be made for v2 routers or what??

There's also some .zImage file for v2 on openwrt, but I don't know what it is used for.

Thanx for the answers..
I think the problem has gone from "there are no drivers for the new hardware" to "the new firmware is too different so it's too much work to make ddwrt work with it". Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. (None of the large custom firmware projects have WRT300Nv2 support.)
Goto page 1, 2  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: