DHCP assigning bad ip addresses

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
fastcountach
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:06    Post subject: DHCP assigning bad ip addresses Reply with quote
First, im using DD-WRT v24-sp2 (12/15/14) big - build 25648

My router keeps assigning random clients (wired and wireless) bad ip addresses (192.168.81.xxx)

It seems to be doing it one client at a time. I will set a static IP on that client. then couple hours later it will assign another one a bad IP address.

I only have the 1 router, no additional switches or access point.

I have just tried using reserved IP per MAC address. This didn't seem to work at all.

I have tried this with and without DNSMasq.

Do i have a setting off somewhere?
Do i have to reboot the router between changing DNSMasq or adding reserved IPs?

Setting static IPs on the clients works, but i feel like i shouldn't have to do that (especially for one devices i have where i don't think i can do that. I feel like its only a matter of time before it gets a bad IP address)
Sponsor
fastcountach
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 23:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Your second question is what is happening. Every once in a while the third octet has an "8". My gateway is the standard 192.168.1.1

Anyway, my workaround seems to be working. But what i am finding is that Reserved IP address only work for wired connections. Not wireless. So wireless devices I have to assign a static IP.

Also, I am having other difficulties with this build, unrelated to this problem. But I'll report those somewhere else...
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
What other shop server do you have on the network?
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
cdmarshall
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
I agree. something else on your network is handing out DHCP addresses.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: