Flashed wbr2-g54,no WEB,DCHP;is now dumb open access point

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
icecow
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:12    Post subject: Flashed wbr2-g54,no WEB,DCHP;is now dumb open access point Reply with quote
The flash went well. At first I logged in via web, but no password was accepted.

Then I hard reset the thing. Now I can't log on. Tried 192.168: 1.1, 2.1, 8.1, 11.1
If I plug it in to a router it will act as a switch(wired) and also an access point (wireless). There is no security, it is open.

I've done all the looong resets in varying forms, still nothing.

It would be nice to get this thing back!

advice?
Sponsor
icecow
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
oh yeah, when I plug my computer in to the router my computer will not connect. the computer just stays in searching mode
icecow
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
bump.
running 23
did I break etiquette or sumthin?

What does it mean in general when a router is an open wireless access point and switch? is it bricked or do I just have to find a way in again. I did get a successful flash and got to the menu, but no password worked. Hard reset it and got what I have now.

If i plug it in to a router I can connect to it.
Eko
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
wbr2s are quite difficult to brick. Any you can always tftp new firmware at boot.
Anyway, first try the following.

Don't plug any ethernet cables in, just power. Wait 2 min, then press reset button until red diag led will lit (1 - 5 s). Release the button, wait another 2 min. Now the router will be at factory defaults. Now plug everything in, it shouldl be at 192.168.1.1.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: