Activation problem

Goto page Previous  1, 2
renegade26
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 13:19    Post subject: Re: Ubiquiti Activation Issues Reply with quote
renegade26 wrote:
n0kfb wrote:
This seems to be a pretty common problem. Maybe I'm missing a step in the activation process; does anyone know where we might find some sort of tutorial? I've tried it repeatedly, over both the wired and wireless connection. After activation, the unit is still in trial mode.

--Dan Meyer

I am getting the same issue. I would really like to know if someone has a solution.

I have emailed Support, and had no reply at all.

Rob

I have been answered by Markus at DDWRT and he was brilliant. Directed me to this site.

https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/204911324-airMAX-How-to-reset-your-device-with-TFTP-firmware-recovery

This solved all my problems. Used it to reload the correct firmware and now the devices are working and activated. Perfect.

Thanks Markus. You are a true legend.
Sponsor
n0kfb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sash wrote:
should be fixed in the latest beta.

If it is, I was not able to make it work.

Has anyone else met with success?

--Dan Meyer
rdwilson713
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
n0kfb wrote:
Sash wrote:
should be fixed in the latest beta.

If it is, I was not able to make it work.

Has anyone else met with success?

--Dan Meyer

My Bullet M2 seems to have a problem saving anything to NVRAM. I can activate for an instant, but as soon as it reboots all settings are lost.

73 de W5TUX
leobaillard
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 22:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Still no viable answer to this... Please provide a solution. The latest betas don't change a thing. Reverting to AirOS renders the device unusable until DDWRT trial is flashed again...
rdwilson713
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 21:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
leobaillard wrote:
Still no viable answer to this... Please provide a solution. The latest betas don't change a thing. Reverting to AirOS renders the device unusable until DDWRT trial is flashed again...

Agreed. I could live with this for open source freeware, but paying for a license entitles one to some type of support. Or at the very least a refund.

The devs should pull this distro from the public download area until this is resolved.

Rendering my Bullet M2 useless is *not* what I expected when I paid the license fee.
rdwilson713
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:01    Post subject: Several Months Later... Reply with quote
No reply to this thread. Emails to support unanswered.

I lost $$ on the registration fee AND my Bullet is trashed.

More than $100 USD wasted on this project.

Sharing this on all social media accounts.
leobaillard
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 20:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Please give us an answer. At this point, I just want to revert to AirOS...
rdwilson713
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't think you can revert back. Someone more knowledgeable may know how but I couldn't. I trashed 2 Bullets on this project. One had the reset button fail due to so many presses...

I just wrote off the loss and bought a new Unifi AP Pro. It does what I wanted with the native firmware. Multiple SSIDs and VLANs.

On my older WRT54's and newer WRT1900AC's I dumped DD and went with OpenWrt. It is kind of command line heavy to do some things but there are plenty of online resources and folks willing to help.

https://openwrt.org/
ablits
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:41    Post subject: Already Fixed Mine Reply with quote
i got my Bullet M2 Fix by proffesional activation, i used Beta, http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/other-downloads?path=others%2Feko%2FBrainSlayer-V24-preSP2%2F. thank you DD-WRT
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ubiquiti Devices All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: