Asus random throughput / connection failure [Logs Inc]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
chancellor
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 15:16    Post subject: Asus random throughput / connection failure [Logs Inc] Reply with quote
I'm working with an asus rt-ac56r using stock firmware which is supposed to be dd-wrt just modified. Most times it had no problems but I've tried tomato firmware and stock and both of them do this. Again is random, but usually happens every third morning. My router goes for a shutdown every night around 0300. This seems to be when it happens. The wifi stays broadcasting but nothing wireless can get a connection even if they were connected the night before. And report that they have no ip INFORMATIOn, when you try to reconnect then. It looks the same for hardwired, they see a connection but not ip. I have to do a manual restart of the router to get it back up. Now it's had heat problems before and I've mounted a fan to the back to try to fix that (80c to 53c), and is seems to have made a great advancement in the issue but I don't know if it's related. The system doesn't keep a log past reset so it's hard to find out what's going on. When I try to set an ip manually I get no throughput either so no connection to see the log. But i came here to see if anyone had had this problem or knows what might possibly to do with it.

Edit:
I was able to get some logs/ Looks like the original firmware keeps it between resets thankfully: http://pastebin.com/FfvKrLS6
Sponsor
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 22:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
That router has a Broadcom chip. Please try the Broadcom Forum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: