WNDR3700v4 - Wifi Works While Rebooting --- Arghhh

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
dd-user
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 8:46    Post subject: WNDR3700v4 - Wifi Works While Rebooting --- Arghhh Reply with quote
I'm running a Netgear WNDR3700V4

Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r29085 std (02/15/16)

I use the OpenVPN client and I have iptables rules so that if the OpenVPN goes down, or I take it down, no devices can get online.

iptables -F
iptables -t nat -F
iptables -A INPUT -p ALL -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -i vlan2 -j DROP
iptables -A INPUT -i tun1 -j DROP
iptables -A INPUT -i vlan2 -p icmp -j DROP
iptables -A OUTPUT -i vlan2 -p icmp -j DROP
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o tun1 -j MASQUERADE
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i br0 -p udp --dport 53 -j DNAT --to $(nvram get lan_ipaddr)
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i br0 -p tcp --dport 53 -j DNAT --to $(nvram get lan_ipaddr)

I'm seeing a few problems here...

1. If I reboot the router and I'm looking at the front of it showing me yellow lights meaning it's not online, wifi connectivity is still working, this I don't understand how...

2. If disable the OpenVPN client and reboot the router, the wifi connectivity is working, but when the lights go green on the router and I log back into dd-wrt, at that point the wifi connectivity stops, I find this odd.

I don't like what I'm seeing, this is exposing the network when it shouldn't. It seems like there's a delay in dd-wrt and with the firewall rules not taking effect immediately.

Why is connectivity still working over wifi when the router is rebooting, and the iptables rules also not taking effect immediately stopping it too?

What is going on here, anyway to correct this, or a bug in dd-wrt?

thank you
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: