D-Link DIR-826L

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
insomniHack
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 18:09    Post subject: D-Link DIR-826L Reply with quote
Trying to determine if my current router, a D-Link DIR-826L, can be successfully flashed with DD-WRT to be used as a VPN server.

Thus far there appears to be no existing information about the compatibility of this particular model. This post is my attempt to determine the likelihood of compatibility given the instructions offered on this page: https://secure.dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-detection.

FCC ID: KA2IR636LA1

Attached are photos of the circuit board and components, as well as the user manual. I see I am looking at a Ralink chipset, but I am unable to determine RAM from any of the info I have gleaned from FCC.gov.

Based on the information I have, it would seem this router "could" be supported, although I have yet to validate the existence of 4MB RAM.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsor
js1662
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 8:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
If it is not shown on the support devices list, that mean it is not supported. The pictures that you are showing is the radio module and the RT3593L is the radio chip and not the CPU. If you do a google search for DIR-826L wikidevi, you will find that it has the same hardware as DIR-636L A1 and wikidevi for DIR-626L shown that it has RT6856 CPU 16MB flash and 128MB RAM.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: