Client Bridge + VPN Client

DDock
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 17:05    Post subject: Client Bridge + VPN Client Reply with quote
This is kind of a weird issue I'm having. I run a Asus RT-AC66u with Merlin firmware. I have a pptp VPN Server running on it.

I am trying to setup a 2 bay Seagate NAS box at my parents for an off-site backup. For some reason with their Centurylink, I am unable to get it open to the WAN with their router.

I am trying to make an old WRT54GL into a Client Bridge to hardwire the NAS into it, and then have the router VPN into my network at home, bypassing the port forwarding issues I'm having. I have the Client Bridge setup perfectly, but I am unable to get the VPN client connected to the server running on my Asus router at home. I have no issues connecting through the windows client.

Any thoughts or suggestions why this is not working. I've tried a few things. Thanks.

Last edited by DDock on Mon May 23, 2016 19:15; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 20:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/OpenVPN_-_Site-to-Site_routed_VPN_between_two_routers
DDock
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 12:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't use OpenVPN, I'm using Asus built in PPTP VPN server to do this. What all would I need to use in step 4 to get things working properly? I don't have a key, I just use a username/pw for PPTP. Here is the configuration info for Asus's server. I've never had an issue connecting with Windows' built in client, so I'm guessing I'm missing a setting somewhere.

Sorry if I was a bit unclear about using PPTP.
DDock
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 13:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
I tried with a basic Netgear using their baseline software with PPTP and it connected right up. Is there something I am missing?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: