TP-Link TL-WA854RE Rev. V1 (Unofficial Support)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

For development of a build specifically for this device, DD-WRT team needs one in hands, so what's better ?
We donate money so they could buy a device themselves.
73%
 73%  [ 30 ]
Donate a repeater ( if someone has one that get's dust).
26%
 26%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 41

ms182
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 16:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
VSparxx wrote:
fsales wrote:
VSparxx wrote:
fsales wrote:
VSparxx wrote:
fsales wrote:
Hi, I am attaching everything I have on wireless settings on both main router (Huawei HG8247H) and the repeater.

On main router:
Change the channel from auto to a static channel, you can try channel 9 or 11.
Authentication mode, if there is available only WPA2 PSK in settings then put it, otherwise let it like it's now.
Encription mode, here you need to use AES only, Tkip is old and insecure this is first, and the second DDWRT repeater mode doesn't work with TKIP.

It didn't do it yet.. same thing happens.. works good for 1 to 3 min, then no internet.

Try to put on repeater from 20/40 to 40HT only, and reboot the repeater after each change you make, as to be sure it's working with new parameters, reboot main router also.

I have tried that, I have also tried Wireless network mode to NG-Mixed and N-only, but the same thing happens...

Ok..as a workaround you can put your repeater in client only mode, this way it will work for sure, but it will create a new network on a different range of ip-s, if this is not a problem for you then you better use client mode, as repeater is not the best way to extend a wireless range, it's flawed and has many downsides, a true repeater is WDS, but there you need identical hardware on both sides.
I will write later a tutorial for Client mode as now I don't have the time.
Also you can write in this http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=47708 thread, as it's focused only on repeater mode for Atheros, maybe somebody has a better idea there.

This worked for me as well. First try made the repeater unaccesible but quick reset and setup from scratch made it work. Now I'll have to look for a good place to put it in to rely wifi perfectly.

Thank you for all the help and support!
Sponsor
VSparxx
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 20:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
ms182 wrote:

This worked for me as well. First try made the repeater unaccesible but quick reset and setup from scratch made it work. Now I'll have to look for a good place to put it in to rely wifi perfectly.

Thank you for all the help and support!

Glad to hear your problem is also sorted.
DR_41cx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 22:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
VSparxx wrote:
DR_41cx wrote:
Hi,

First of all, thank you for the great work here. This is my first post, forgive me if this has been asked before. I upgraded my TP-Link TL-WA854RE V1 over the weekend following your instructions and is working great. I did notice that the time, top right corner of the screen, is not working properly, I changed the NTP to several ones and also disable it, but did not work. I read in another forum of using the IP address, but haven't try it. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

IDK...for me it's working, do you press apply when making changes ?
After you hit Apply button the repeater reboots, wireless SSID disappears for approx. 30 seconds, is it like this for you ?

Yes. I reset the TL-WA854RE, 30-30-30, and is working now.

Thank you.
VSparxx
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've updated the first post with a new upgrade build, works really great.
fsales
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 15:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
VSparxx wrote:
I've updated the first post with a new upgrade build, works really great.

flashed and confirmed. thanks, awesome job
demultiplexer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 14:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can anybody tell me the status of that AP donation? It's really cheap, I don't mind sending one to somebody provided they live in Europe (preferably Netherlands).

It's like €20 including shipping here. Spending €20 on getting this certified will literally save me over €100 in avoiding having to buy a Ubiquiti AP.
VSparxx
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 14:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
demultiplexer wrote:
Can anybody tell me the status of that AP donation? It's really cheap, I don't mind sending one to somebody provided they live in Europe (preferably Netherlands).

It's like €20 including shipping here. Spending €20 on getting this certified will literally save me over €100 in avoiding having to buy a Ubiquiti AP.

Donations are only in "talking period" as nobody has offered themselves to buy the repeater, because when I could buy it nobody replyed and now when there are a few ready to spend some money there isn't anybody ready to buy it...so basically it's like this.
Now if you can and are ready to send a device like this to DDWRT team herea are the rules: http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/community/donations

Also you could provide a paypal donation link so anybody wanting to share the spendings with you could give you back some money.
VSparxx
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 20:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guys i'm not posting any new update build because we "soon" might get an official build for our device, assuming demultiplexer sent that device Smile

All have great days/weekend !
fsales
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 20:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
wow amazing. thanks guys!!!
Plauto
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 13:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
I join the crowd in thanking VSparxx for the welcome update, demultiplexer for donating a device that makes official support possible and of course the whole DD-WRT team for everything!

Many thanks to everyone! Very Happy
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Here you can find the DD-WRT 28647 factory-to-ddwrt TL-WA901ND v3 build, modified to flash on a TL-WA854RE v1 running TP-Link factory firmware - use file factory-to-ddwrt_28647_WA854REv1.bin
If the attached build works for you, it can be further updated with any newer-than-28647 webflash build for TL-WA901ND v3.

Reverting back from DD-WRT to factory firmware can be done by following these 2 steps:
1. Revert back from DD-WRT to WA901NDv3 factory firmware, with the webrevert file WA901NDv3_150409_webrevert.bin
2. Go from WA901NDv3 factory firmware to WA854REv1 factory firmware, with file WA854REv1_140827_fromWA901NDv3.bin

Disclaimer: I haven't tested the attached build myself, so I'm not responsible in any way if you brick your router.
Please only flash this build if you know how to unbrick it.

Note: You must be logged in to be able to download the attachments.

tjep
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 19:45    Post subject: Sorry if I am slow! Reply with quote
However, I am looking for a custom firmware to this extender - http://www.tp-link.com/en/download/TL-WA854RE_V1.html

In this thread it seems that there might be an option, but I seem to understand that some here are referring to a router - not an extender (in this thread). Am I mistaken? If at all possible I really would like to give a custom firmware a shot since the stock version in unstable as hell it seems.

Any help would be greatly appreciated Smile
VSparxx
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 21:15    Post subject: Re: Sorry if I am slow! Reply with quote
tjep wrote:
However, I am looking for a custom firmware to this extender - http://www.tp-link.com/en/download/TL-WA854RE_V1.html

In this thread it seems that there might be an option, but I seem to understand that some here are referring to a router - not an extender (in this thread). Am I mistaken? If at all possible I really would like to give a custom firmware a shot since the stock version in unstable as hell it seems.

Any help would be greatly appreciated Smile

Your solution is greatly described in the first post of this thread.
moonglows
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
VSparxx wrote:
Guys i'm not posting any new update build because we "soon" might get an official build for our device, assuming demultiplexer sent that device Smile

All have great days/weekend !

Is it still the case where you aren't going to post update builds that are working fine? I'm about to take the plunge and upgrade my unit and want to make sure I'm on the latest stable which from your OP looks like 29495.
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
moonglows wrote:
I'm about to take the plunge and upgrade my unit and want to make sure I'm on the latest stable which from your OP looks like 29495.

Just my 2 cents:
1. Reset the TP-Link factory firmware
2. Flash factory-to-ddwrt 28647 found here: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1037226#1037226
3. Reset
4. Upgrade to DD-WRT webflash 29837 found here ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2016/06-06-2016-r29837/tplink_tl-wa901ndv3/tl-wa901ndv3-webflash.bin
5. Reset + manual configuration

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 6 of 13
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: