R8000 development

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Brianwuz
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 23:59    Post subject: Re: Usb Print Server Reply with quote
aveerlapati wrote:
<Kong> wrote:
aveerlapati wrote:
Hi
am trying to connect my printer to the router and make it wireless printing (if possible scanning MFP also)

but am not able to install optware i get this problem when am trying to install optware on jffs and other guy tried on usb pendrive

Code:

Installing package uclibc-opt_0.9.28-13_mipsel.ipk ...
Some newer versions of DD-WRT does not show download progress bar,
so just be patient - or check STATUS -> BANDWIDTH tab for download
activity in your routers Web-GUI, and then still wait a minute or two.
Connecting to ipkg.nslu2-linux.org (140.211.169.161:80)
uclibc-opt_0.9.28-13 100% |*******************************| 832k 0:00:00 ETA
Updating /opt/etc/ld.so.cache
/tmp/postinst: line 6: /opt/sbin/ldconfig: Permission denied
Installing package ipkg-opt_0.99.163-10_mipsel.ipk ...
ipkg-opt_0.99.163-10 100% |*******************************| 75850 0:00:00 ETA
/tmp/optware-install.sh: line 94: /opt/sbin/ldconfig: Permission denied
/tmp/optware-install.sh: line 95: /opt/bin/ipkg: Permission denied
/tmp/optware-install.sh: line 96: /opt/bin/ipkg: Permission denied
/tmp/optware-install.sh: line 97: /opt/bin/ipkg: Permission denied

am not able to run optware so i can install p910nd ipk and connect usb printer

any solution will truly help

thxs!

p910d is included in the firmare, besides that you are trying to instal packages for mipsel, R8000 is an ARM cpu.

can anyone help, how to make usb printer work thru router so i can give wireless print and if possible scan

thank you so much!

Try this link for usb printing:
http://dfarq.homeip.net/2016/03/dd-wrt-usb-print-server/

Edit: I just tried to set up my Epson photo R220 and windows xp and have not been able to get it to work yet. Windows 7 might be easier.
Brian
Sponsor
aveerlapati
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 15:53    Post subject: Re: Usb Print Server Reply with quote
Brianwuz wrote:
aveerlapati wrote:
<Kong> wrote:
aveerlapati wrote:
Hi
am trying to connect my printer to the router and make it wireless printing (if possible scanning MFP also)

but am not able to install optware i get this problem when am trying to install optware on jffs and other guy tried on usb pendrive

Code:

Installing package uclibc-opt_0.9.28-13_mipsel.ipk ...
uclibc-opt_0.9.28-13 100% |*******************************| 832k 0:00:00 ETA
Updating /opt/etc/ld.so.cache
/tmp/postinst: line 6: /opt/sbin/ldconfig: Permission denied
Installing package ipkg-opt_0.99.163-10_mipsel.ipk ...
ipkg-opt_0.99.163-10 100% |*******************************| 75850 0:00:00 ETA
/tmp/optware-install.sh: line 94: /opt/sbin/ldconfig: Permission denied
/tmp/optware-install.sh: line 95: /opt/bin/ipkg: Permission denied
/tmp/optware-install.sh: line 96: /opt/bin/ipkg: Permission denied
/tmp/optware-install.sh: line 97: /opt/bin/ipkg: Permission denied

am not able to run optware so i can install p910nd ipk and connect usb printer

any solution will truly help

thxs!

p910d is included in the firmare, besides that you are trying to instal packages for mipsel, R8000 is an ARM cpu.

can anyone help, how to make usb printer work thru router so i can give wireless print and if possible scan

thank you so much!

Try this link for usb printing:
http://dfarq.homeip.net/2016/03/dd-wrt-usb-print-server/

Edit: I just tried to set up my Epson photo R220 and windows xp and have not been able to get it to work yet. Windows 7 might be easier.
Brian

Thxs for the reply but i have done that, didn't work then i thought i have install p910d.... but its included itseems Sad
giuliomagnifico
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 18:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've got a similar problem with the USB printer, but I solved connecting the printer to the router via wifi. But is an AirPrint printer. Works perfectly and I can print wifi from iPhone/iPad and cabled from iMac.
Timmy1024
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:11    Post subject: Re: Router Resets Reply with quote
Brianwuz wrote:
Timmy1024 wrote:
<Kong> wrote:
Timmy1024 wrote:
<Kong> wrote:
Wait for K4.4 builds with the updated driver.

Hi kong, do you have an estimate on when the release with the new drivers might be released?

Thanks.

Already included in latest builds

Do you mean that this one, for example, already has the newer drivers? Even though it's still named K3, is it a K4.4 build?

Thanks.

Timmy1024,
Yes, The current build has the 4.4 kernel.
Kernel: Linux 4.4.13 #106 SMP Thu Jun 23 12:37:44 CEST 2016 armv7l
Brian

Thanks for the confirmation Brian.

Kong, I installed this version with the new drivers and the router still resetted itself automatically after 1 day and a half. Once again, I don't have any QoS or fancy stuff configured; only Wi-Fi enabled and everything else pretty much at the default configuration.

Any ideas on what can I do? To the rest of you guys, do you experience the same thing or the router stays up forever for you?

Thanks!
Brianwuz
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 13:28    Post subject: Re: Router Resets Reply with quote
Timmy1024 wrote:
Brianwuz wrote:
Timmy1024 wrote:
<Kong> wrote:
Timmy1024 wrote:
<Kong> wrote:

Hi kong, do you have an estimate on when the release with the new drivers might be released?

Thanks.

Do you mean that this one, for example, already has the newer drivers? Even though it's still named K3, is it a K4.4 build?

Thanks.

Timmy1024,
Brian

Kong, I installed this version with the new drivers and the router still resetted itself automatically after 1 day and a half. Once again, I don't have any QoS or fancy stuff configured; only Wi-Fi enabled and everything else pretty much at the default configuration.

Any ideas on what can I do? To the rest of you guys, do you experience the same thing or the router stays up forever for you?

Thanks!

I have been getting restarts on average 1 to 2 times a day. I was thinking it might be the opevpn but can't take it down right now to test that. I only show 24% memory usage and average 0.00 to 0.16 cpu usage. I just flashed 30020M.
Brian
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 17:03    Post subject: Re: Router Resets Reply with quote
Timmy1024 wrote:
Brianwuz wrote:
Timmy1024 wrote:
<Kong> wrote:
Timmy1024 wrote:
<Kong> wrote:

Thanks.

Thanks.

Timmy1024,
Brian

Thanks!

Unless we can reproduce it on our own, we need a crashdump in case it crashes. If it just reboots without any crash, then it is also possible, that the psu is broken.

DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 21:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've searched how to get a crashdump after a restart but couldn't find precise information.

Can anybody provide a link with instructions on how to do that? I'll be happy to get one after my router crashes (also 1 or 2 times per day, same as Brian) and post it here.

Thanks.
aveerlapati
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 16:08    Post subject: Re: Router Resets Reply with quote
<Kong> wrote:
Timmy1024 wrote:
Brianwuz wrote:
Timmy1024 wrote:
<Kong> wrote:
Timmy1024 wrote:
<Kong> wrote:

Thanks.

Thanks.

Timmy1024,
Brian

Thanks!

Unless we can reproduce it on our own, we need a crashdump in case it crashes. If it just reboots without any crash, then it is also possible, that the psu is broken.

i tried to install this version and router started to act weird all the time at first i was able to apply all the settings and then it kept reboot every min so i had reset the router and trying to apply settings and i always get encryption as WEP and i can't connect to router so i went to the most stable version for me that is

Screen Shot 2016-07-07 at 9.35.12 PM.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  15.02 KB
 Viewed:  8412 Time(s)

Screen Shot 2016-07-07 at 9.35.12 PM.png

Timmy1024
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 17:40    Post subject: Re: Router Resets Reply with quote
aveerlapati wrote:
<Kong> wrote:
Timmy1024 wrote:
Brianwuz wrote:
Timmy1024 wrote:
<Kong> wrote:
Timmy1024 wrote:
<Kong> wrote:

Thanks.

Thanks.

Timmy1024,
Brian

Thanks!

i tried to install this version and router started to act weird all the time at first i was able to apply all the settings and then it kept reboot every min so i had reset the router and trying to apply settings and i always get encryption as WEP and i can't connect to router so i went to the most stable version for me that is

Hi aveer,

With that version, does the router restarts itself sometimes (daily, two days, etc.?) Also, could you share that version somewhere I can download it, because I didn't get it.

Thanks.
aveerlapati
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:30    Post subject: Re: Router Resets Reply with quote
Timmy1024 wrote:
aveerlapati wrote:
<Kong> wrote:
Timmy1024 wrote:
Brianwuz wrote:
Timmy1024 wrote:
<Kong> wrote:
Timmy1024 wrote:
<Kong> wrote:

Thanks.

Thanks.

Timmy1024,
Brian

Thanks!

Hi aveer,

With that version, does the router restarts itself sometimes (daily, two days, etc.?) Also, could you share that version somewhere I can download it, because I didn't get it.

Thanks.

HI

i think router used to get crashed and reboots coz of it i don't know, i use lot of stuff i use qos yamon csif etc.., many other things so i didnt exactly get lucky to fix this, yes router reboot sometimes random times. some times it works well like 5 days without reboot and sometimes reboot 2-4 times in a day, but it never gets reset to factory defaults, i experienced this reboot many times when i keep downloads in xbox and use apple music radio at same time

link to the version am using (works fine but reboots occur settings remain same as i kept)
http://www.myopenrouter.com/download/dd-wrt-kong-mod-netgear-r8000-04-19-2016
aveerlapati
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
sorry Timmy i didnt read ur early posts looks like we both are having same problem

when i first started using ddwrt i didnt use any extra options but still it used to reboot. i used only qos ...
Timmy1024
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 23:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks aveer.

Yes, exactly; when I say "reboot/restarts/crashes", I always mean that as a "cold boot" of the router. In any case the settings are were restore to default (as with an erase nvram)

Sadly all the build I've tried have this problem, and I'm not using anything fancy (QoS, hotspots, vpn, whatever).

Kong told us to send in a crashdump but I don't know how to get it. Do you know how to retrieve it after a crash?

Thanks.

EDIT: That link you sent me to My Open Router is a .chk file. I understand that is for flashing from the stock Netgear firmware. Do you have the .bin file for DD-WRT flashing?
aveerlapati
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Timmy1024 wrote:
Thanks aveer.

Yes, exactly; when I say "reboot/restarts/crashes", I always mean that as a "cold boot" of the router. In any case the settings are were restore to default (as with an erase nvram)

Sadly all the build I've tried have this problem, and I'm not using anything fancy (QoS, hotspots, vpn, whatever).

Kong told us to send in a crashdump but I don't know how to get it. Do you know how to retrieve it after a crash?

Thanks.

EDIT: That link you sent me to My Open Router is a .chk file. I understand that is for flashing from the stock Netgear firmware. Do you have the .bin file for DD-WRT flashing?

i don't know how to retrieve crash dump.... anyone help?

.chk is used for both netgear and dd wrt upgrade .bin is only used for dd wrt
aveerlapati
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:57    Post subject: random crash has something to do with IP Filter Settings?? Reply with quote
are these settings correct i didnt change any but i have feeling that random reboots is becoz of IP Filter Settings

thxs
HalfBit
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 20:29    Post subject: Re: random crash has something to do with IP Filter Settings Reply with quote
aveerlapati wrote:
are these settings correct i didnt change any but i have feeling that random reboots is becoz of IP Filter Settings

thxs

I've used the exact same settings for the last two years with DD-WRT on my R7000.

Please either delete, or reduce the size of your screen shot.

WRT54Gv2
WRT54Gv8.2
~~~~~~~~~~Other Settings~~~~~~~~~
https://nextdns.io/?from=2d3sq39x
https://pi-hole.net/
https://github.com/DNSCrypt/dnscrypt-proxy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28, 29, 30  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 24 of 30
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: