Checking repeater link speeds?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
GeeTek
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
JN wrote:
What if the AP is not under my control. For example, if I am repeating a hotel network with not so great signal by putting the repeater in the best location in the room or suite and using my laptop where I want to sit?
You are shit out of luck. In that situation, call some hookers instead of fucking with the internet, and get laid for a change.

On second thought, you could always open the wireless status page and use the RSSI reading on the hotel network to determine where you have the most signal.

http://69.175.13.131:8015 Streaming Week-End Disco. Station Ripper V 1.1 will do.
Sponsor
JN
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 17:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
GeeTek wrote:
JN wrote:
What if the AP is not under my control. For example, if I am repeating a hotel network with not so great signal by putting the repeater in the best location in the room or suite and using my laptop where I want to sit?
You are shit out of luck. In that situation, call some hookers instead of f***ing with the internet, and get laid for a change.
What's with the foul language, GeeTek? Anybody got a bar of soap to wash his mouth out?

GeeTek wrote:
On second thought, you could always open the wireless status page and use the RSSI reading on the hotel network to determine where you have the most signal.
I was just wandering if I could get the actual bit rate of the connection repeater to AP. Perhaps there should be a feature addition to provide the info on the repeater's web pages.
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: