Need Help Debugging PPTP Connection

xluryan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 17:05    Post subject: Need Help Debugging PPTP Connection Reply with quote
Hello all--

Long, long time user of DD-WRT. I absolutely love this community and what you've all helped create.

I'm trying to setup VPN for the first time on my router:
Asus RT-N66U
DD-WRT v3.0-r29134 mega (02/19/16)

At first I was simply filling in the GUI VPN settings, but there is really no information to tell me if it's working or, more specifically, what's not working. All I knew is that I could not ping my workstation, so it must not be connecting.

So I turned to the tried-and-true command line. I'm running the /tmp/pptpd_client/vpn script with the debug argument. Here is my output (some information redacted):

Code:
root@router:/tmp/pptpd_client# ./vpn debug
Launching VPN process in full debug mode
Waiting...
PID file created
Attempting initial connect
pppd options in effect:
debug                                      # (from command line)
nodetach                                   # (from /tmp/pptpd_client/options.vpn)
idle 0                                     # (from /tmp/pptpd_client/options.vpn)
persist                                    # (from /tmp/pptpd_client/options.vpn)
logfd 2                                    # (from command line)
maxfail 0                                  # (from /tmp/pptpd_client/options.vpn)
dump                                       # (from command line)
noauth                                     # (from /tmp/pptpd_client/options.vpn)
refuse-pap                                 # (from /tmp/pptpd_client/options.vpn)
refuse-chap                                # (from /tmp/pptpd_client/options.vpn)
refuse-mschap                              # (from /tmp/pptpd_client/options.vpn)
user MYDOMAIN\\ryan                        # (from command line)
password ??????                            # (from command line)
                                           # (from /tmp/pptpd_client/options.vpn)
pty pptp ***.***.***.195 --nolaunchpppd    # (from command line)
mru 1436                                   # (from /tmp/pptpd_client/options.vpn)
mtu 1436                                   # (from /tmp/pptpd_client/options.vpn)
lcp-echo-failure 4                         # (from /tmp/pptpd_client/options.vpn)
lcp-echo-interval 30                       # (from /tmp/pptpd_client/options.vpn)
ipparam kelokepptpd                        # (from /tmp/pptpd_client/options.vpn)
ip-up-script /tmp/pptpd_client/ip-up       # (from /tmp/pptpd_client/options.vpn)
ip-down-script /tmp/pptpd_client/ip-down   # (from /tmp/pptpd_client/options.vpn)
defaultroute                               # (from /tmp/pptpd_client/options.vpn)
usepeerdns                                 # (from /tmp/pptpd_client/options.vpn)
nobsdcomp                                  # (from /tmp/pptpd_client/options.vpn)
nodeflate                                  # (from /tmp/pptpd_client/options.vpn)
mppc                                       # (from /tmp/pptpd_client/options.vpn)

How can I tell what's wrong? It just sits there at that last line and nothing ever happens after that. I still can't ping any computers on my work network.

Please let me know what I can do, thanks!!
Sponsor
Tobias Tromm
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Did you solve this?

If not, please e-mail me so I can try to help you.

Thanks.
xluryan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 19:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Tobias Tromm wrote:
Did you solve this?

If not, please e-mail me so I can try to help you.

Thanks.

I did not. Do you have any suggestions for me?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 21:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Are you using Windows as VPN Server? 2003? 2008? 2012?

If you are using recent builds, you do not have to use domain\\username, just domain\username.
xluryan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 16:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm on build 29134. And I am already using just domain/username.

It's Windows VPN. And older one, but I'm not sure of the exact version. I will try to find out later today.

Navigation

Jump to: