Port forwarding and IP number wildcards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Jangofett
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:16    Post subject: Port forwarding and IP number wildcards Reply with quote
Using: Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (12/18/10) std on a WNDR3700

Would it be possible to enter Source Net IP wildcards under NAT/QoS -> Port Forwarding to only let traffic through to the inside if you are receiving traffic from your VPN provider only?

My provider assigns me IP s dynamically in the 92.182.***.*** range. Would be handy to be able to enter Source Net IP like that and have the router deny traffic from any other Source Net IP s to prevent identity leakage when VPN disconnects.
Sponsor
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
The source net field accepts netmasks in CIDR notation such as 92.182.0.0/16, but there is a minor bug in that the GUI limits it to 15 characters total so if you have a bunch of triple digit octets then it might not fit.
sjwoo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 15:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
phuzi0n wrote:
The source net field accepts netmasks in CIDR notation such as 92.182.0.0/16, but there is a minor bug in that the GUI limits it to 15 characters total so if you have a bunch of triple digit octets then it might not fit.

I just looked up CIDR notation on Wikipedia and couldn't quite understand it. Let's say I want to let in all addresses in 100.100.***.*** -- how would I write this? 100.100.0.0/something, I figure...thanks.
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
CIDR notation is just the number of bits in the subnet mask that are set. The /16 in my example corresponds to a netmask of 255.255.0.0. If you don't understand then use a netmask calculator.
whozurdaddyo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 17:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
phuzi0n wrote:

I just ran in to this bug, did a Google search and found this post from 2011. Shocked

Any chance for a bug fix here or steps to manually update this info?

Thx! Very Happy
whozurdaddyo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 17:45    Post subject: CIDR notation field length limitations Reply with quote
Anyone?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: