TP Link TL-WR740N V5 Guest Wifi with DHCP on ...No Internet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
jenisbob
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 14:29    Post subject: TP Link TL-WR740N V5 Guest Wifi with DHCP on ...No Internet Reply with quote
Scenario:
Main Router --D-Link DIR-615e4 installed with DD-WRT with DHCP ON and working fine..

2nd Router -- TP Link TL-WR740N V5 installed with DD-WRT
and connected to Main Router via CLient Bridge (Routed)

2nd router flashed with betas/2016/08-16-2016-r30432/tplink_tl-wr740nv5..and successfully connected to main router and internet is also working fine WHEN DHCP DISABLE on 2nd router ...

but when i configure DHCP ON on 2nd router ,i am not getting internet access ...

Please guide veterans how can i manage to get internet access with dhcp on on 2nd router ...

Please check attached pictures for more info that i have configured on 2nd router ..

Thanks in advance....
Sponsor
Frakko
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 20:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
It is likely that the current version has some problem in assigning ip releasing even the broadcast ip and blocking internet for device / router.
You can post the mains values: Ip , subnet mask and broadcast of all device and router?
jenisbob
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Frakko wrote:
It is likely that the current version has some problem in assigning ip releasing even the broadcast ip and blocking internet for device / router.
You can post the mains values: Ip , subnet mask and broadcast of all device and router?

Dear Frakko,
Please guide me which version will be best for me so that i can use dhcp on ..
check attached pictures

regards
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
I really don't think you can do what you want to do --- I've tried it before with NO luck.
From what I see you have a Client Bridge (routed) which probably works fine for your wired connections.
You are not using an AP for br0 cause I see you have ath0.1 setup to br1.

If you just want this bridge on a different subnet you should be running it as 'Client' not 'Client Bridge'

but I can see where you may want wired connections on same subnet as main and throw off a guest network from the bridge ---
but that's not doable AFAIK..... and yea using a br1 setup with WAN disabled you would set DHCP configuration in 'DNSMasq Options'
like you did and not use Muiltiple DHCP Server.
As I said I tried this a few times but NO worky ... I remember getting an IP address then working with the firewall rules but it always
went to heck upon a reboot.

Maybe some dd-wrt brains can tell you more... perhaps some of the later builds will do this... I dunno but would be interested to find out.
I may try this afterlater on a dual-band router to see if can put a guests network on opposite band while bridged with the other -- now that seems slightly more feasible
jenisbob
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
mrjcd wrote:
I really don't think you can do what you want to do --- I've tried it before with NO luck.
From what I see you have a Client Bridge (routed) which probably works fine for your wired connections.
You are not using an AP for br0 cause I see you have ath0.1 setup to br1.

If you just want this bridge on a different subnet you should be running it as 'Client' not 'Client Bridge'

but I can see where you may want wired connections on same subnet as main and throw off a guest network from the bridge ---
but that's not doable AFAIK..... and yea using a br1 setup with WAN disabled you would set DHCP configuration in 'DNSMasq Options'
like you did and not use Muiltiple DHCP Server.
As I said I tried this a few times but NO worky ... I remember getting an IP address then working with the firewall rules but it always
went to heck upon a reboot.

Maybe some dd-wrt brains can tell you more... perhaps some of the later builds will do this... I dunno but would be interested to find out.
I may try this afterlater on a dual-band router to see if can put a guests network on opposite band while bridged with the other -- now that seems slightly more feasible

Thanks mrjcd, for ur guidance
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: