Install Factory img ONLY?

lens97dragon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 23:27    Post subject: Install Factory img ONLY? Reply with quote
Hello,

Is it possible to install the initial factory file (usually the img file) WITHOUT installing the web flash?

I just need basic functionality, so I can function with the basic stuff that is initially installed. However, I'd like to know if there are other limitations to the initial firmware, like broken security or other things that I should be aware of.

My particular model of router has serious storage limitations and it would be great for me to just survive on the latest kernel and so on, without the bells and whistles.

Thanks!
Sponsor
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 23:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Might help to know what router you are talking about?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for your reply.

I have a WNR2000v3, which has a 4M flash size. For the longest time the builds were so big that it got bricked just by uploading. Recently, though, a few builds were just below the max threshold, but now are too big again.

If I could just use the img part and not do the second step, I would be happy. The router will do everything it need it to do, but running a newer kernel and maybe even newer drivers, although the kernel and crypto implementations are probably the most important upgrades.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: