TP Link WR841ND switch ports not working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
YaddaMinski
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
KrypteX wrote:
YaddaMinski wrote:
When testing router setup, it is best to disable firewall if you are not sure it is not blocking ping. Also, disable VPN software.

You say the router's firewall or the Windows firewall ?

On client computer.
Sponsor
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 19:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
The idea was that Windows 7 or newer usually blocks any incoming ping. You just re-confirmed what I've said. Why repeating my affirmations ?
YaddaMinski
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 21:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
KrypteX wrote:
The idea was that Windows 7 or newer usually blocks any incoming ping. You just re-confirmed what I've said. Why repeating my affirmations ?

To turn off Windows Firewall
Open Windows Firewall by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Security, and then clicking Windows Firewall.
Click Turn Windows Firewall on or off. ...
Click Off (not recommended), and then click OK.

or modify how Win7 Firewall works:
http://www.fixya.com/support/r5359816-allow_ping_icmp_echo_request_windows_7
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey, why do you keep repeating what I post ? I've posted several links about this issue and you just echo all of that (did you even read my posts ?). Please stop this repeating behavior and be constructive.
YaddaMinski
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 13:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Because you never stated you turned off the Windows firewall. Please re-read what you posted.

The problem with the TL-WR841N/ND V9.1 (and I assume v9.0) is when traffic hits the ath0 interface between two local clients (this means one to both are wireless). Run the ping test for a minute to see what I mean.
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 14:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
I obviously tried, if I posted a suggestion for others. It works for me, problem solved. Did you solve it ?
YaddaMinski
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 16:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
KrypteX wrote:
I obviously tried, if I posted a suggestion for others. It works for me, problem solved. Did you solve it ?

Did I solve the ath0 interface traffic problem? No. I assume it is a bug in the firmware until others can confirm or refute.
ldmelo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 13:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
YaddaMinski wrote:
KrypteX wrote:

Did I solve the ath0 interface traffic problem? No. I assume it is a bug in the firmware until others can confirm or refute.

I can confirm this issue on 24160 (router tp link wr740n). Wired clients can't communicate to each other, but can talk to the router or to wireless clients just fine. It is no windows firewall thing.
mruskow
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 22:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
I too am having the same problem with this.

Using -

DD-WRT v24-sp2 (11/20/14) std

on a WR841N v 9.2 router.

Can ping wired devices on router from a wireless connection - but cannot communicate from wired device to wired device via static IPs.

Any Suggestions?

I'm stumped.

Thanks,

mruskow
cbingel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 21:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
mruskow wrote:
I too am having the same problem with this.

Using -

DD-WRT v24-sp2 (11/20/14) std

on a WR841N v 9.2 router.

Can ping wired devices on router from a wireless connection - but cannot communicate from wired device to wired device via static IPs.

Any Suggestions?

I'm stumped.

Thanks,

mruskow

Put the two lines listed earlier in the threat in the startup, and that fixed it for me. I have two routers, one v8 and one v9, both running the most recent firmware. Both were exhibiting the same behavior, and this fixed it on both.
mruskow
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 21:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
Put the two lines listed earlier in the threat in the startup, and that fixed it for me. I have two routers, one v8 and one v9, both running the most recent firmware. Both were exhibiting the same behavior, and this fixed it on both.

Thanks !!

That worked !

So for people reviewing this thread in the future :

I inserted the code :
Quote:
swconfig dev eth0 set enable_vlan 1
swconfig dev eth0 set apply

Using these directions :

Quote:

Using the Web Interface, goto the Administration tab.

If available, go to the Command subtab, otherwise go to the diagnostics sub tab.

Type the commands you wish to run every startup into the Commands: dialog box (place each command on a newline using the enter key, and if the command isn't something that stops running after a moment, put a '&' after the command)

Click the Save Startup button at the bottom of the page if you'd like the commands to save into the rc_startup variable (you may need to scroll).

I then re-boot the router and it works well.

Thanks to those who develop and help support this software!

mruskow
crester
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
works for me.
thank you
SpiderVice
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 16:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah, this issue is actually still present (WR841NDv9) in recent builds. I tried to copy files from one laptop to the other while they were connected to the LAN ports in the router, but that wouldn't work at all. Via WiFi however it'd work perfectly, but of course really slowly.
njc68
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 23:41    Post subject: Works Reply with quote
swconfig dev eth0 set enable_vlan 1
swconfig dev eth0 set apply

..as startup script works for me -- Thanks!
panosvo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
The same happens with V11.1 of the router, with firmware 12-15-2016-r30949

In my router the setup is as AP, when i connect the internet lan cable to one of the yellow ports and I have other devices on yellow port, then I have wifi internet but the devices on the RJ45 yellow ports cant even get an IP. If I stick the internet lan cable to the blue ports then everything is working fine.

WAN is disabled, IP is static, firewall on router disabled, Wan to switch port selection does not matter what you select.

I have to try running the commands in administration and test it.

Edit I tried it and everything is now ok.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: