DHCP to Static lease issues

b-man
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:06    Post subject: DHCP to Static lease issues Reply with quote
i always have this issue and not really sure how to fix it when i have the issue. (i know how to prevent it but i forget)

when i set my routers up i could setup my static leases before i connect other clients so when they connect they will instantly get the static lease i have set. but silly me always forgets until its too late

so what do you do when you have all your stuff connect to the router and get some random DHCP lease and then set them to a static lease thus creating issues where they wont connect to the network due to a confusion with the lease.

if i manually go to the device and set the IP i want i then have to select the dns server as well or they wont connect to the internet.
but i dont want it set on each device as it easily changed in the router if i want to change dns or ip i can do them all at once in one spot

if i open the CMD Prompt and type these
Code:

ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

i still get the same issue.

my Pi's and Flukso device seemed to accept the new static lease but its mainly the windows PC's

and 2 android phones which should still be DHCP have decided not to connect to the wifi and are stuck on obtaining IP address...
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Generic Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: