Buffalo WHR-300HP2 specific iptables/iproute2 problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
paragordius
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 16:42    Post subject: Buffalo WHR-300HP2 specific iptables/iproute2 problem Reply with quote
I had originally posted this in Advanced Networking, but I think this might actually be a DD-WRT bug, so I'm seeing if you guys have had similar experiences with this router.

I have two routers running the same firewall command under Administration -> Commands. The purpose of these is to forward all traffic for the router to a specified host for capture with mitmproxy (mostly for debugging Roku and AppleTV apps).

The first router, Linksys E2000 (DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/12/10) std-usb-ftp - build 14929), runs the script fine, but the other router, Buffalo WHR-300HP2 (DD-WRT v3.0-r30342 std (07/30/16)) doesn't. Basically, it seems like no traffic ever arrives at the $PROXYIP defined when using the Buffalo router. Obviously, once I have both routers configured, I'll have them send the traffic to different machines.

I've tried a few different builds on the Buffalo and manually specifying different options for $WAN_IFACE (like br0, vlan1, etc.), but nothing seems to work.

I'm using the article here as a guide of sorts: https://openeffect.ca/snifflab-an-environment-for-testing-mobile-devices/

Code:
#!/bin/sh

PROXYIP=10.188.121.195
WAN_IFACE=`get_wanface`

iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -j ACCEPT -p tcp -m multiport --dports 80,443 -s $PROXYIP
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -j MARK --set-mark 3 -p tcp -m multiport --dports 80,443
ip rule add fwmark 3 table 2
ip route add default via $PROXYIP dev $WAN_IFACE table 2
Sponsor
paragordius
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 17:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
bump
paragordius
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 20:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
desperation bump
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: