telnet password and gui not the same

nextman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 20:52    Post subject: telnet password and gui not the same Reply with quote
I recently bought a WRT1900AC (v2) and flashed DD WRT onto it. Everything was fine, I was using the 3.0 beta 28788, but then I decided to upgrade to the latest beta. Now Im on 29739 and have an unusual problem. when I flashed I reset all my settings and was asked to create a new password. I did this but am not able to use my new password to navigate the web GUI. It will ask me for a login on each screen but wont accept anything I type in. I tried the default username and passwords too but it wont let me login.

The unusual part is I can still log in on telnet with the password I provided on the first time I rebooted after the upgrade.

Is there any way I can make sure the web GUI password is the same as my telnet password. also ive already tried clearing nvram, I still have the same problem. I choose a password, I just cant log in using it. but telnet logs in fine

EDIT: sorry mods, just realised this is not the right sub forum.
Sponsor
ATHF
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
As far as I know you can't change the telnet/ssh username, I am pretty sure I read that somewhere here on the forums. Try searching the forums also.

http://www.wirelessforums.org/troubleshooting/dd-wrt-telnet-login-problem-52839.html

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=349214

Velop:2 WHW0101, RE6500, RE9000(AP)
Spectrum - 1000/50
SysLog Watcher 5, New security Onion box coming soon, Fingboxes, PiHoles, NEMS, Cacti, rpisurv
Governa
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 21:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
telnet and try this:

setuserpasswd [username] [password]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Generic Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: