Comfast CF-WR650AC "Wireless" tab missing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2  Next
LLKeel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 20:26    Post subject: Comfast CF-WR650AC "Wireless" tab missing Reply with quote
Hi,

I flashed my Comfast CF-WR650AC with the latest firmware version, 09-22-2016-r30681, and my wireless tab is missing.
I have tried flashing previous versions, but the tab stays gone...
Has this happened before? If so, how can it be corrected?

Thank you
Sponsor
LLKeel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
For the sake of progress... I managed to flash the router back to stock.
Doing a firmware upgrade using the DD-WRT GUI to go back to stock does not work. The router reboots and DD-WRT is still there.
The only way to go back to stock, is to copy the stock firmware to /tmp on the router, and then via SSH execute the command "mtd -r write stock_firmware.bin linux" Where "stock_firmware.bin" is the filename of the firmware.bin file you copied to /tmp.

I tried again flashing DD-WRT onto the router, but the "wireless" tab remains missing. So I went back to stock again. Hopefully this gets fixed sometime in the near future, so I can go DD-WRT again...
Mile-Lile
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
did you wrote bug report on TRAC?
Mile-Lile
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/5575#ticket
walter48022
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:08    Post subject: Re: Comfast CF-WR650AC "Wireless" tab missing Reply with quote
LLKeel wrote:
Hi,

I flashed my Comfast CF-WR650AC with the latest firmware version, 09-22-2016-r30681, and my wireless tab is missing.
I have tried flashing previous versions, but the tab stays gone...
Has this happened before? If so, how can it be corrected?

Thank you

I bought cf-wr650ac too, waiting that it will be dispatch from china. I hope will work good with ddwrt. What can u say about this comfast cf-wr650ac?
nickflyer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 0:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't like mine... for whatever reason upgrading to Comfast's firmware v2 caused mine to become a brick... I was able to recover it w/a USB to serial port adapter and DD-WRT, but everytime I flashed OEM v2, it would just get stuck in a continual bootloop.
DaStivi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi there, i've recently bought the comfast WR650AC but i'm not happy with the default Firmware as i'm missing some Features, for example i need wifi multicast-to-unicast translation for IPTV from my provider and so on..

i found that dd-wrt "supports" the comfast device in beta state.... i've found the firmware, flashed the router and bought also the activation, i've read this post before that the wifitab is missing and the corresponding bug, where the "solution" should be to activate... what looks like not be the solution at all!

i've spend now another 20€ on something where i still not know if it solves my issues to have features i would like to have....
DaStivi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
nickflyer wrote:
I don't like mine... for whatever reason upgrading to Comfast's firmware v2 caused mine to become a brick... I was able to recover it w/a USB to serial port adapter and DD-WRT, but everytime I flashed OEM v2, it would just get stuck in a continual bootloop.

can you post more how you recovered the router? i had the idea to reflash with dd-wrt after activation but now i'm in a boot loop or something like this too... i don't get any ip addresses and/or the wr650 gets an ip on wan interface... even no wifi active (led on the front on wifi 2.4 lights up)
LLKeel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:36    Post subject: Re: Comfast CF-WR650AC "Wireless" tab missing Reply with quote
Mile-Lile wrote:
did you wrote bug report on TRAC?

I added and update to your ticket #5575 "http://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/5575#ticket"

I noticed the ticket was closed, but was recently reopened by DaStivi. I added a comment that I too am experiencing this issue.

DaStivi wrote:
can you post more how you recovered the router?...

To restore the original comfast firmware, I SSH to the router, copied the comfast firmware(CF-WR650AC-V2.0.0.bin) to the /tmp folder.
Then I executed the command "mtd -r write /tmp/CF-WR650AC-V2.0.0.bin linux"
DaStivi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 15:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
I need more than ssh to recover the router, as it is not booting anylonger peoperly... Because i tried to reflash the "webflash" image via webinterface in the hope after reflashing solves the issue... But so far it has only emerged to a total brickes device now 😣
DaStivi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 20:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
some update from my device... when i let the router boot normally it's in a boot loop... every few seconds it looks like the device reboots, all ethernet port leds flash simulaniously...

when booting with "reset" button pressed, the wifi2,4 led lights up, and flashes 8 or 9 times and then stays on permanently, also the router does not reset itself than...

but i didn't found out how to flash than something, as 192.168.1.1 does not respond on any of the ports....
LLKeel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
DaStivi,

Have you tried a 30-30-30 reset?
Also, try manually giving your computer an IP, e.g. 192.168.1.5
Then when the router boots up, see if it then responds to 192.168.1.1.
DaStivi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 18:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, i tried resetting with 30/30/30 method... does not look like to work on the comfast device, as when holding reset button and repowering the device the router goes to recovery mode...

i've managed to reflash the router now with the dd-wrt firmware via this recovery mode... needed a few minutes and wireshark to figure out what files and ip addresses needed...

the pc needs to have 192.168.1.10 and had it connected to lan1 on the comfast router...

after that the device looks for a firmware_auto.bin file via tftp boot..

after that the wifi2.4 led flashed a couple of seconds, after it was a solid light i unplug'd the device and repluged it... and waited again a few seconds... the router did a reboot once again but after that i could enter the dd-wrt config page on 192.168.1.1 and set a new user and password!

i found a few hints now about the wifi problem... first, i don't have the wl command on shell...

i did a dmesg and nvram show, i will post this results in the bug thread, maybe some developer can see some issues there...[/img]
LLKeel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 19:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you for the update DaStivi. I am glad your router is alive again.

I do hope the missing wireless tab issue can be fixed soon...
DaStivi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 19:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
LLKeel wrote:
Thank you for the update DaStivi. I am glad your router is alive again.

I do hope the missing wireless tab issue can be fixed soon...

thx.....
i've tried to reflash the comfast firmware now... but after that no luck either... via webinterface from dd-wrt only dd-wrt appeared back like in 2nd post...

than i tried via "my" recovery method, but only bootloop after the flash...

then i tried back flashing to dd-wrt but still no luck.. after every flash of dd-wrt firmware boot loop...

i do figured something different out now... when holding reset button and repower the device the wifi2.4 led counts a couple of times... when releasing the button after 3 counts i can ping 192.168.1.1 and i get a "firmware flashing webpage" i don't know if this is from comfast or dd-wrt firmware ....

right now, i've flashed back dd-wrt via this "flashing webpage" ... so i'm again up and running the dd-wrt firmware now... i guess i don't try any further experiments now... Neutral
Goto page 1, 2  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: