Reliablility of neutered units running V24 Micro..my opinion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 19:34    Post subject: Reliablility of neutered units running V24 Micro..my opinion Reply with quote
Well, I have come to my own conclusion that the new V24 Micro build for the V5-V6 units just isn't reliable. I have been running V24 on the V5 for quite some time and I think the new builds starting in July have been causing problems on these neutered units. I have been running my V5 as a repeater only so if someone else is running a different configuration and has a differing opinion, please speak up. I am interested.

I get frequent Wireless disconnects and router reboots running the Post 06/20/07 build of V24. Free memory usage definitely dropped from about 600K down to 300K (averages of course) using the post 06/20/07 build. What I thought was a memory leak issue was my error...I checked it and found that I was checking it when it was at the low side (100K) before it bounced back up to 400K or so. But consequently, I always get a dropped connection or reboot within 48 hours.

Unless we can remove some other services (which I don't think can be done...unless we get rid of WOL and QoS just for the Micro build) I don't see how we can reliably run the unit when free memory drops below 100K this regularly.

I have loaded up this same RC1 build on a WAP54G V1 unit (2M Flash, 16M RAM) and will test it also....so far it has been keeping about 2.4M free...time will tell with using the new Micro build on a 16M RAM unit vs. an 8M unit.

For now...I think the V5 is going back to 06/20/07 and that will be my final build on it unless we can get more free memory somewhere...but I don't think it can be done.

If anyone else has some suggestions regarding configuration that increases Free memory...I'd like to hear it....I may try reconfiguring my network to add it as a straight AP unit to my Buffalo (wired)....So, if I get this ambitious...I'll post further.

redhawk

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: