R7000 Password / Flashing Issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
wassco
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:08    Post subject: R7000 Password / Flashing Issue Reply with quote
Embarassed

Long story short, DDwrt was installed on this router, it boots up in open wireless mode. DD-wrt2 is the name.

net works when the modem is connected to it. but i cannot get the password..

i have always used the same password, and admin/password are not working either.

Trying to SSH into the device is a no go (its activated) but root/Root or the ONLY other username i would have used do not let me in (still gives me wrong password. 30/30/30 trick not supported by this Netgear R7000. Using the TFTP.exe from netgear doesnt work either.

Im at a loss as to what went wrong..

Other then a doorstop, is there anything i could possible do to erase it or boot it back to stock or even default settings?

everything on the net i try seems to fail.

Sorry for the noob questions, and please PLEASE dont just post links to the wiki... i think ive exhausted all the links and this is my last step before chucking the device (no serial cable nor will i bother with one)/

afraid its just a useless box now. (as nothing i do can get into it)

p.s sorry for the atrocious post.
Sponsor
Alozaros
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
well if you have SSh or Telnet access than user name is
root and you type password that you have, usually when you type pass it doesn't move the cursor or anything once you type root and your pass press enter.
Does your reset button works or you stopped it under the settings ?? Do you have any access to the unit at all ??

TP-Link WR1043NDv2 -Gargoyle OS 1.15.x AP,DNS,QoS,Quotas
Qualcomm-Atheros
Netgear XR500 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoH,Forced DNS,AP Isolation,4VLAN,Ad-Block,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R7800 --DD-WRT 55819 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,Forced DNS,AP&Net Isolation,x3VLAN,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R9000 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,AP Isolation,Firewall,Forced DNS,x2VLAN,Vanilla
Broadcom
Netgear R7000 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/SmartDNS/DoH,AD-Block,Firewall,Forced DNS,x3VLAN,VPN
NOT USING 5Ghz ANYWHERE
------------------------------------------------------
Stubby DNS over TLS I DNSCrypt v2 by mac913
egc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 14:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Normally after reset you will be redirected to the password change page when you enter the gui.
As far as i know the default login name for the gui is: admin, the default password is also: admin

When telnetting/SSH into the router the login name is always: root

So when telnetting/SSH into the router for the first time. login name is: root, password: admin

Forum Guide Lines (important read):https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=324087
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: