VPN - is there a way to have a script turn it on/off?

johnon321
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:07    Post subject: VPN - is there a way to have a script turn it on/off? Reply with quote
Router: Asus AC68R.
Firmware: 9.0.0.4.380_2695

I have a condo in Mexico. I rent it out. In the condo I have a Home Theater Receiver and Roku. Netflix, Amazon, Pandora, etc are not accessible when in Mexico. A VPN back to USA allows it to be accessible.

I would like renters to be able to easily click a link (or similar) and turn on/off the VPN easily.

Is there any way to do this?

thx!
Sponsor
jaska22
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:34    Post subject: Almost ready vpn script... Need help setting firewall Reply with quote
Hi johnon321!

I hope this helps a bit at least.

I've been trying to make my first ever script for dd-wrt. It's mostly copy paste from the interwebs. When I run the script it'll change DNSmasq nameservers, create openvpn cert and key files and adjust firewall settings. I'm using airvpn btw. Here's also a file for closing openvpn.

The issue is that I have no idea how to apply firewall settings by cli or script. Should I change "nvram set rc_firewall" settings, iptables commands or /tmp/.rc_firewall? Script works only if I apply firewall settings from GUI. Other tips and corrections are very welcome.

I removed my cert and key information from the startup script but normally they are there. I changed files to txt files and I added them as attachments.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: