Netgear EX7000

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
dborn62
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just got myself an EX7000 as an AP to supplement my new WRT1900ACS that unfortunately has to go in the basement...

That stock NetGear firmware is a dog to get around and configure but I finally managed to get it set up decently. It had a hard time with my non 192.168.1.1 router address...

Interesting that despite them saying the EX7000's config can only be accessed via wifi, it can certainly be accessed via ethernet if you can figure out what it's IP address is (easy when you have it setup with a static address!).

I too would love to see a dd-wrt firmware for that EX7000 so I'd be able to ditch that stock firmware with (too) simple, dumbed down features...

Cheers,
Daniel
Sponsor
dborn62
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 0:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Today I was contemplating setting up a FreeRadius server for my home wifi network.

The EX7000 doesn't support that. I would love to have a firmware (preferably dd-wrt) that supports it.
loumatrix
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
+1 request for Netgear EX7000 dd-wrt firmware

Just got one of these and the stock Netgear firmware is featureless. I get that it is not a full router but I sure paid the price for one.

Netgear should really encourage open firmware and give out free devices to firmware developers.

It would help the overall security of the user community.
tigs
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 18:44    Post subject: bump Reply with quote
would love to see this supported as well.
megazone23
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have the EX7000 for some time, it's doing ok. What I don't like is it changes the MAC of all connected devices which is a hassle for setting up static IPs for portable devices in the AP. I'm trying to replace it with a RT-AC68U, wondering is there any way to setup the repeater bridge similar to the "Fastlane" in EX7000. I searched for a while online but couldn't find any instruction.

The "Fastlane" is basically having the 5GHz dedicated to the connection with AP and 2.4GHz dedicated to wireless clients (or vice versa) so to avoid the half-bandwidth penalty.

My AP is RT-AC68U running Tomato. With Fastlane, EX7000 has 405Mbps Tx/Rx with the AP. I setup another RT-AC68U running Tomato as the extender (and placed at the exact location of the EX7000) and have both AP and Extender connected with WDS on 5GHz, the Tx/Rx get only at most 250Mbps. Seems the Fastlane is definitely doing something good.

It would be also great if there is a dd-wrt for EX7000 and can do the same as Fastlane.
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 19:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
megazone23 wrote:
I have the EX7000 for some time, it's doing ok. What I don't like is it changes the MAC of all connected devices which is a hassle for setting up static IPs for portable devices in the AP. I'm trying to replace it with a RT-AC68U, wondering is there any way to setup the repeater bridge similar to the "Fastlane" in EX7000. I searched for a while online but couldn't find any instruction.

The "Fastlane" is basically having the 5GHz dedicated to the connection with AP and 2.4GHz dedicated to wireless clients (or vice versa) so to avoid the half-bandwidth penalty.

My AP is RT-AC68U running Tomato. With Fastlane, EX7000 has 405Mbps Tx/Rx with the AP. I setup another RT-AC68U running Tomato as the extender (and placed at the exact location of the EX7000) and have both AP and Extender connected with WDS on 5GHz, the Tx/Rx get only at most 250Mbps. Seems the Fastlane is definitely doing something good.

It would be also great if there is a dd-wrt for EX7000 and can do the same as Fastlane.

"Fastlane" is a feature dd-wrt has since > 5years.

DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 21:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Follow this guide for using whichever band you want to the the bridge and the other radio as the ap. https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Client_Bridged
I have a few units set up this way.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:27    Post subject: Re: Netgear EX7000 Reply with quote
LOM wrote:
Donate a router for the devs if you want it supported.

...I have one, I don't need it, and I'd LOVE to see more devices get supported. If I want to do this who would I get in touch with?
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2023 5:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Currently, unless you are in the EU or acquire the device in the EU, or can figure out what EU/German customs wants to no halt shipment to the developer, then donations are not going to be received. I have not received any new guidance on shipping a donation to the developer.
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
ghent96
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
<Kong> wrote:

I have a bunch of EX6200 running. ...

Would you, or anyone, have a minute to reply or PM with what version of ddwrt is running well on those EX6200? I'm new to all this, and have one I'm trying to use as my home router, because our old archer C50 TPLINK keeps dropping clients every few minutes ... and also maybe a config file for that version of ddwrt?

I'm currently trying v3.0-r46446 mini, and having troubles... mostly PBKAC troubles i'm sure, because I'm new, not a network engineer, and not understanding all of the settings with different names than my tplink.

(please guys, don't peacock me, I've read it, I promise)
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: