TP-LINK TL-WR1045ND V2 Support

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Mr.Black86
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 14:45    Post subject: TP-LINK TL-WR1045ND V2 Support Reply with quote
Hi there.

I have this router TP-LINK TL-WR1045ND V2
and as an old DD-WRT fan I want to flash it with DD-WRT

but it seems that there is no buld for this router.

I did a small research and found that there is the same hardware like in TP-LINK 1043nd V2

some users of Open-Wrt chande firmware headers for 1043nd and made succesful installations on 1045nd

Model TP-Link TL-WR1043N/ND v2
Firmware Version OpenWrt Chaos Calmer 15.05.1 / LuCI 15.05-149-g0d8bbd2 Release (git-15.363.78009-956be55)
Kernel Version 3.18.23

could you please make a DD-WRT build for this router please?
Sponsor
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've modified the header of the DD-WRT 29739 factory-to-ddwrt build intended for TL-WR1043ND v2, so it will flash on a TL-WR1045ND v2 running stock TP-Link firmware.
If the attached build works for you, it can be further updated with any newer-than-29739 webflash build for TL-WR1043ND v2.

Disclaimer: I haven't tested the attached build myself, so I'm not responsible in any way if you brick your router.
Please only flash this build if you know how to unbrick it.

Note: You must be logged in to be able to download the attachment.

dicreat
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Works fine on my router TL-WR1045ND V2. Thanks!
Mr.Black86
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 21:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
I forgot about this posting.

But today I updated 2 my 1045ND routers, this file works great. Thank you.
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mr.Black86 wrote:
I forgot about this posting.

But today I updated 2 my 1045ND routers, this file works great. Thank you.

You're welcome Wink

Kreep
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 20:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
KrypteX wrote:

You're welcome Wink

Hello, you probably do not need to write (probably after that you say or write themselves, where it is necessary to write)
But firmware does work (thank you), and you can not expect to officially support and update, on a level with 1043nd V2?
(Sorry for the Google translation)
Kotyaro
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
KrypteX wrote:
I've modified the header of the DD-WRT 29739 factory-to-ddwrt build intended for TL-WR1043ND v2, so it will flash on a TL-WR1045ND v2 running stock TP-Link firmware.

Ok. How can I return to the stock firmware?
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kotyaro wrote:
KrypteX wrote:

It's always this question... I really wonder why people won't stay on stock firmware, if all they want is to get back to it as soon as they flash DD-WRT ?

Kotyaro
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
KrypteX wrote:
It's always this question... I really wonder why people won't stay on stock firmware, if all they want is to get back to it as soon as they flash DD-WRT ?

I want to upgrade to the DD-WRT firmware, but I would also like to be able to return to the stock firmware, if I have to take the device warranty. Only the lack of opportunity to return to the stock firmware stops me from updating to DD-WRT.
gschmidt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 19:44    Post subject: Wifi download speed too slow Reply with quote
Hi, i am using for about 2 Year dd-wrt on this router. Very stable. However i was checking my speeds (ISP is 15/150mbps) with speedtest from Ookla on several devices. LAN connections had no problem. Full up&down speed. Wifi though is poor. Up is full but down is max. 35mbps on phones/tablets and laptop (150mbit adapter) between 30-50mbps.

Setup:
Router (tl-wr1043nd v2) behind ISP router (in bridge mode)
Tl-wr1043nd wireless config:
Mode=AP
Network mode=NG mixed
Channel mode=WIDE-HT40 (40mhz)
Channel 1 fixed (best channel after testing with scanner)
Channel width = upper
Expert mode regulatory domain United States (but live in Netherlands)
Tx 30dBm

Any tips too improve download speed?

Greetzzz,

Gerben
asidezhik
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 18:24    Post subject: Other language support? Reply with quote
KrypteX wrote:
Kotyaro wrote:
KrypteX wrote:

Other language support?
mirazh116
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:06    Post subject: 1045 update? Reply with quote
KrypteX wrote:
If the attached build works for you, it can be further updated with any newer-than-29739 webflash build for TL-WR1043ND v2.

Disclaimer: I haven't tested the attached build myself, so I'm not responsible in any way if you brick your router.

Good afternoon! I requested the TP link 1045nd ver 2, now on ddwrt_29739_WR1045NDv2. Can I install 12-22-2014-r25697 more updated from the TP-link1043 ver 2? (Translated by Google)
serc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:13    Post subject: TPLINK WR1045ND v2 revert to original stock Reply with quote
As in topic. Is it possible to revert to otiginal?. Seems like in my situation given compiltion on forum doesn't work well. Not as stable on this router as original one.
Mr.Black86
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 13:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
For the webrevert use this file

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=936935#936935

tl-wr1043NDv2_webrevert

but your router will indicate as 1043ND v2 and you must use the same firmware to update your router to the last version

I just tested this and it works.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
  • The only way to upgrade to the current version of DD-WRT on this router is to hexedit the webflash
    bin with the old header that was used on builds prior to 33375.

• The only other option is to use the information in this thread to flash an appropriately hex-edited factory-to-ddwrt.bin file.
  • Had this device received official support, then it wouldn't take so much effort.
  • I am going to attach two files to test for those who can tftp flash back to stock TL-WR1045N(D)v2 firmware.
  • If someone can test these files and report back with a successful flash and upgrade (you may have to use CLI to upgrade), please do so.
  • I'm not 100% sure if the webrevert file for the TL-WR1043N(D)v2 would work to revert, simply because the header on
    the file in the OP was hex-edited to put the correct model number in it (?).

• IF it does work, then you can try flashing any build newer than 33375 factory-to-ddwrt to get back on DD-WRT.
REF:

https://wikidevi.wi-cat.ru/TP-LINK_TL-WR1043ND_v2.x

https://openwrt.org/toh/hwdata/tp-link/tp-link_tl-wr1045nd_v2

Disclaimer: I haven't tested the attached files myself, so I'm not responsible in any way if you brick your router.

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Goto page 1, 2  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: