Can't flash TRENDnet TEW-824DRU (Version v1.0R)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
erilong
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 13:07    Post subject: Can't flash TRENDnet TEW-824DRU (Version v1.0R) Reply with quote
Hi,

I have a TRENDnet TEW-824DRU (Version v1.0R) AC1750 router that appears to be supported, but it won't take a flash of DD-WRT.

I put my PC and router on an isolated hub, and set my PC to 192.168.10.10/24. I do a 30/30/30 reset on the router and bring up the router's crash recovery firmware page at http://192.168.10.1. I give it the factory-to-ddwrt.bin and wait. But it never restarts. When I finally restart it (I've waited for 45 minutes in some cases), it comes up with factory firmware.

I've tried using Linux/Firefox, Linux/Chrome, and Windows7/IE browsers. I've tried the beta r30731 (2016-10-07) factory-to-ddwrt.bin. I've also tried the download from TRENDnet, which is v3-r27722 factory-to-ddwrt.bin (http://www.trendnet.com/support/supportdetail.asp?prod=115_TEW-824DRU). I tried using the web admin interface to attempt the flash. I upgraded the router to its latest factory firmware (TEW824DRU_FW101B01).

I don't know what else to try. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Eric
Sponsor
dbhosttexas
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 22:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, I was going to say something about making sure you were at the latest factory firmware, but I see you beat me to it...

My router should be here tomorrow. I will keep you posted on what results I get...
dbhosttexas
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 22:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
It would appear there is a much fresher than the one you were trying update, including patchign Dirty COW...

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2016/11-14-2016-r30880/trendnet-tew824dru/

Hopefully that one works better for you...
dbhosttexas
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Working on my second attempt now comma the first attempt looked like it was going in but when it rebooted the factory firmware was still on the router. Hoping it's just a glitch butt not holding out a lot of hope.
dbhosttexas
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
The hangup was the VMWare interface in my laptop. Disabled it and all went in by the book...
dbhosttexas
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 20:10    Post subject: Re: Can't flash TRENDnet TEW-824DRU (Version v1.0R) Reply with quote
erilong wrote:
Hi,

I have a TRENDnet TEW-824DRU (Version v1.0R) AC1750 router that appears to be supported, but it won't take a flash of DD-WRT.

I put my PC and router on an isolated hub, and set my PC to 192.168.10.10/24. I do a 30/30/30 reset on the router and bring up the router's crash recovery firmware page at http://192.168.10.1. I give it the factory-to-ddwrt.bin and wait. But it never restarts. When I finally restart it (I've waited for 45 minutes in some cases), it comes up with factory firmware.

I've tried using Linux/Firefox, Linux/Chrome, and Windows7/IE browsers. I've tried the beta r30731 (2016-10-07) factory-to-ddwrt.bin. I've also tried the download from TRENDnet, which is v3-r27722 factory-to-ddwrt.bin (http://www.trendnet.com/support/supportdetail.asp?prod=115_TEW-824DRU). I tried using the web admin interface to attempt the flash. I upgraded the router to its latest factory firmware (TEW824DRU_FW101B01).

I don't know what else to try. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Eric

Okay here is how I did it...

Having the DD-WRT factory to dd-wrt firmware file on my computer I did...

#1. Power off your cable / DSL modem. Connect modem to router, and disconnect any other connections to the router. Cable directly from your PC to the router.
Disable any network connections on the PC you are configuring with. (Mac too... but I did it with PC).
Power up and allow cable / dsl modem to fully initialize.
#2. Power off the router.
#3. Push and hold the reset button on the bottom of the router while powering it up. Allow the router to come up, approximately 10 secondd.
#4. Release and renew the DHCP address on your PC.
#5. Browse to 192.168.1.1 (or was it 10.1?, check your host IP, your gateway is the router, that is where you are going...
#6. Use the recovery console to browse for, and apply the firmware update. The router will reboot automatically.
IF DD-WRT installs properly, release and renew your IP address, you should be in the 192.168.1.xxx range. Browse to 192.168.1.1 and start configuring your router. The first thing I did was to update from the factory to ddwrt to the latest webflash version.

Lastly enjoy your fresh dd-wrt installation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: