Troubleshooting problems with D-Link AC750 router

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Trev625
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 14:17    Post subject: Troubleshooting problems with D-Link AC750 router Reply with quote
Hey guys!

Anytime I try to download something >100MB I get network error. This happens on all devices on the network. My chromecast regularly gets updates >100MB and it tries to update through wireless and sits at 99% forever. When my PS4 tries to update it downloads the whole update and then tells me it is corrupt. When I download large files on Chrome it says network error, which I can then right click and hit resume and it will error out again. Usually I can finish the download this way.

This has been going on since around August of last year. I called my ISP and they are seeing no packet loss and we tested the modem and it seems to not be causing the problem. I hooked a computer directly to the modem and an update (League of Legends) of around 600MB went through on the first try after it had been failing all night on the router. It had been connected to the router through ethernet not wireless.

If you don't think it's the router causing the problem or have any way to show network errors I would like that. My internet works fine otherwise and this is mostly an inconvenience that I can work around but I'd still like to solve the problem.

My two solutions are flashing the original firmware back on the router or buy a new router. I was wondering if there were any other solutions and decided to post here before trying to flash back the old firmware.

I have a D-Link AC750 DIR-810L B1 router
S/N: QBWZ2E8009308

I am using DD-WRT (Latest build available)
Build number: 25815
Firmware version: DD-WRT v24-sp2
Build date: (01/09/15)

Thanks!
Sponsor
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 15:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
1) Run "ifconfig". Are there any errors on the interfaces?

2) Flash a newer Build.
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2016/11-14-2016-r30880/dlink-dir810l-b1/
Trev625
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 17:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
It seems that "ifconfig" is a linux function and I only have windows 7 computers and I can't seem to find an alternative for that function for Windows.

Wow my build is pretty old! I was using the router database:
https://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-database
and my current build was showing as the latest one. I will try that tonight.

Thank you very much!

I will update later if it fixes my problem
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 18:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Telnet or ssh into the router and run the command on the router.
Trev625
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 15:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
I tried to ssh onto the router but refuses my connection everytime. I tried to Telnet onto the router after turning on telnet management in the router settings and making sure they were both port 23 and it brings me to the router login page but it tells me my username or password is wrong every time. I went and changed my user and pass in the gui to make sure and it still wouldn't accept it. I tried 6 or so times. Even tried the default.

I downloaded the latest version from the site you posted and flashed that onto the router. After it was completely installed it still says I am at the same build (25815).

Again I tried to Telnet into the router but same issue.

I had one thing that I had to test if the router was working and it was around 200MB (League of Legends update). I started the update after the new firmware was flashed onto the router and it failed once and I had to retry but it finished on the second try. That's a lot better than it used to be but it could be because I'm doing the download at 9AM when no one is awake in my complex.
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 17:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Do you use user "root"?

ssh root@192.168.1.1 and the same password as the web GUI.
Trev625
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 15:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yep. It still refuses.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: