Buffalo wcr-gn

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
taik03
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 0:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
hi,

does anyone have the mtbk.bin file ? i need it to fix my router ? i could not register from the chinese link since its asking for invitation code.

thanks
Sponsor
bigbuffalo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
taik03 wrote:
hi,

does anyone have the mtbk.bin file ? i need it to fix my router ? i could not register from the chinese link since its asking for invitation code.

thanks

Here you are the mtbk.bin file for wcr-gn router which I downloaded from the web site and used to fix mine.

Actually you can get it from your wcr-gn router with command issued in winSCP program:

cat /dev/mtdblock2 /tmp/mtbk.bin

Get the mtbk.bin file from /tmp directory to the PC.
Using the hexi editor to put your router's mac address at the offset location as shown in the below attached picture "mtbk.JPG" underlined with RED line.
Save the mtbk.bin file, and put it back to the router under the directory /tmp with winSCP. Then issue the command under winSCP:

cat /tmp/mtbk.bin > /dev/mtdblock2

After reset the router to restore NVRAM default value, it is done.

In fact, it is better to get the mtbk.bin file from your router first for backup. Compare your with the below attached one to see if there is any other different (beside the mac address).

If you fix your wcr-gn in the same way, it is quite sure the missing of mac address in mtdblock2 creates wifi problem with dd-wrt while the original firmware does not use it at all.

Good luck.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: