DD-wrt in combination with VDSL routers?

roady
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 17:25    Post subject: DD-wrt in combination with VDSL routers? Reply with quote
Hi guys,

A query - I just got this Huawei HG630a from the ISP as my speed got upgraded drastically.

Prior to this, I was using adsl modem along with tp link wr841n. Tp link router was flashed with DD-wrt.

Things were going good until this Huawei model came into picture. Keeping the settings same.. like username password vci vpi values on the huawei - i simply connected the tplink with huawei and acc to me it should work.

But it isn't. tp link can't get an IP alloted by the Huawei modem+router. I dont know what's causing the trouble.

Maybe the hUawei model runs on VDSL technology - is that the case?

It'd be great if someone can shed some light into this.
Sponsor
js1662
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 22:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Does it work if you connect the client devices to HG630a directly instead of WR841N? If it doesn't work, you probably have to contact your ISP for proper setup for HG630a. If it works, you may not need the WR841N anymore unless you are running some fancy features on WR841N which are not available on HG630a.
roady
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
js1662 wrote:
Does it work if you connect the client devices to HG630a directly instead of WR841N? If it doesn't work, you probably have to contact your ISP for proper setup for HG630a. If it works, you may not need the WR841N anymore unless you are running some fancy features on WR841N which are not available on HG630a.

Hi js1662,

firstly thanks for the reply. Thing is - Ive set up wr841n ddwrt as per my own needs and well customized.
There are certain features similar in HG630a, however I find using DDwrt more easy. Like - bandwidth allocation per MAC IDs, or network priority etc.

edit:

Router is now working as intended, by using "Disable Wan" option.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: