Problem using PPPoE with ISP: no simultaneous connections?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
jkos
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 19:22    Post subject: Problem using PPPoE with ISP: no simultaneous connections? Reply with quote
I've just moved to a new central European country and my new Internet provider uses PPPoE for authentication. The service is such that only one computer can be connected at a time through their wireless cable modem. I want connect my AP so I can connect my two computers, plus use my wirelss print-server, wireless security camera, etc.

I'm using:
a Buffalo WHR-G54S and
DD-WRT v24 Beta

I've set up the WHT-G54S so that it uses PPPoE and can connect to the ISP. The AP is assigned an IP, DNS addresses, reports a WAN address, etc.

However, when I try to browse the web I'm redirected to their ISP website and told I can't do what I'm doing (connect two devices simultaneously).

Question: How do I configure my AP so that the WAN sees only one IP attempting to pass traffic? Do I need to configure my AP as a Client Bridge? Or use NAT?

I'm sorry if this is an obvious question. I've hunted the forums and the wiki for a couple of days now and can't seem to nail this down.

Thank you.
Sponsor
jkos
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 18:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
bump
robert-e
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 20:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nat
jkos
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Robert, thanks for the reply. Can you give me a two sentence heads up on how to do that? I appreciate the help. I've been using DD-WRT for about a year, but with a pretty straight forward (read: simple) application.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: