Netgear WNDR3700v2 v3.0-r30880 rebooted itself

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Haim
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 22:10    Post subject: Regress Reply with quote
Wish I could remember which release I had that worked

2.4 ghz with my phone
Wide band for either

If I find time perhaps I can identify the releases which break these things.

Sometimes I wish I'd learnt some c or c++.

Stock firmware doesn't seem to handle multicast properly, so Google Chromecast didn't work with it.
Sponsor
fizikz
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 19:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Many others, including myself, have this random reboot problem. I'm using a TP-Link WR841N v8 on r30880 set up as an AP. Syslogd is set up with a remote server and, as you found out, the logs contain no errors or information about what caused the reboot.

If anyone knows of a previous release that is stable, please inform.
teslacoil
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have the rebooting problem also, but on a TL-WDR3600 which has the Atheros AR9344 chipset. It happens when the router is under load from multiple devices.

Is the rebooting issue happening when the router is under load from multiple devices? E.g., 3 Wi-Fi devices are streaming and one of them is also doing a file download.
Haim
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 14:31    Post subject: downgraded Reply with quote
I've down graded to r30016 (chosen as it was still r3 release, so perhaps a bigger change there and so closer to what I am downgrading from).

This has fixed:

Nexus 5x crashing the router when connecting to 2.4 wireless. Now can connect to 2.4 and 5 fine.

2.4 and 5 now both work with HT40

No random reboots yet, but bit early to tell if it's better in that regard.

I don't really have the play time to find out which release broke these things, maybe some day.
fizikz
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 18:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
teslacoil, I can't be sure if the reboots happen during times of load. Is there a way to log the load averages? Either way, I expect an AP/router to handle a few devices' load gracefully. We're not talking about ddos here.

Haim, please keep us posted on the reboot status of r30016.
Haim
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 21:03    Post subject: still trucking... Reply with quote
9 hours without a reboot.

But probably hasn't been hit so hard, so not sure if it's a good test for your suggestion of heavy loads.

Tomorrow I'll try to set up some HD streams simultaneously.
Haim
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:59    Post subject: 3 day before issue Reply with quote
Got 3 days before something happened, didn't reboot but had a laptop drop off and couldn't reconnect, rebooting the laptop didn't help, rebooting the router did.

I'll stick with this version for now.
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: