Linksys E1700 not working in client mode

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
gelican
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 14:12    Post subject: Linksys E1700 not working in client mode Reply with quote
I have a Linksys E1700 wireless router and I want to use it in client mode. I want to connect to the AP in the hotel and to get internet on the router's lan ports (on one lan port I want to connect an AP to be used by mobile devices). I followed instructions on this site and forum and I flashed DD-WRT v 2.4 build 25251 found on router database. I respected all advises regarding hard reset and flashing, read Peackock thread, etc. I also tried v 3.0 build 31571, the last version found on FTP. I will not get into details with flashing and reset as I didn't have any problem about. E1700 is working fine in default AP mode. The problem occurs when I am setting the Client mode. Following the instructions on Wiki Tutorial Client Mode results in router becoming unresponsive, no lan port respond anymore to ping and I cannot get into web-gui anymore. I needed to hard reset several times, flashing also the last build 31571. Same result. I almost reached to the conclusion that client mode is only a field in the drop-down box with no relation to hardware, when I tried different approach on setting: instead of click SAVE after each setting and only in the end click APPLY (as recommended in tutorial) I clicked APPLY after each single setting and EVRIKA! Client mode started working, router connected to the hotel's AP, lan ports OK (except no. 2 off course), speed test OK. Then I unplugged the router and after power on it came back in the same status as before, unresponsive. I've reached a dead end. I flashed back the stock firmware. I only installed DD-WRT to use router in client mode. Any idea or advice? Help!
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: