Need help regarding QOS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
miruza
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:47    Post subject: Need help regarding QOS Reply with quote
Hello all.

I am new to D-WRT. Just flashed my router (TP-link wdr3600). Main reason i installed is the QOS. As the stock firmware of the router prioritizes wireless devices than lan cable connected computer. So i was having packet loss, high ping problem while gaming if anyone else used wireless device, like watching video.

Now i see that to use QOS i have to specify my bandwidth. But there's a catch. My ISP has google cache server installed, and they also have their own server which have many contents, like plex. I get lan speed from these ISP servers(100 mbps). But my internet speed is not that high (2 mbps).

If i specify bandwidth in the QOS as my internet speed, i get less speed from the servers. But if i specify the speed i get from server, QOS does not work. I get high ping while gaming.

What to do now? What is the procedure of configuring QOS in this situation?

For information:
Router: TP-Link WDR3600 DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/25/13) std (SVN revision 21061)
Connected devices
1 computer connected by cable (this is specified as exempt, this is where i game).
1 laptop
3 mobile devices.
Sponsor
artyddwrt
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 23:47    Post subject: Re: Need help regarding QOS Reply with quote
miruza wrote:
Hello all.

I am new to D-WRT. Just flashed my router (TP-link wdr3600). Main reason i installed is the QOS. As the stock firmware of the router prioritizes wireless devices than lan cable connected computer. So i was having packet loss, high ping problem while gaming if anyone else used wireless device, like watching video.

Now i see that to use QOS i have to specify my bandwidth. But there's a catch. My ISP has google cache server installed, and they also have their own server which have many contents, like plex. I get lan speed from these ISP servers(100 mbps). But my internet speed is not that high (2 mbps).

If i specify bandwidth in the QOS as my internet speed, i get less speed from the servers. But if i specify the speed i get from server, QOS does not work. I get high ping while gaming.

What to do now? What is the procedure of configuring QOS in this situation?

For information:
Router: TP-Link WDR3600 DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/25/13) std (SVN revision 21061)
Connected devices
1 computer connected by cable (this is specified as exempt, this is where i game).
1 laptop
3 mobile devices.

This sounds like an interesting situation. I really don't know the answer but maybe you could discriminate between your ISP "LAN Services" and the true Internet based on destination IP subnet ranges, or routing paths.
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 20:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
try interface priority & inserting the proper service types & speeds for each

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r55797 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r55797 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r50485 std
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r50485 std

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: