WRT3200ACM will not load DDWRT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
NotatotalN00B
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 17:13    Post subject: WRT3200ACM will not load DDWRT Reply with quote
Hello, I picked up a WRT3200ACM a month ago with the intention of flashing with DDWRT, and I've finally gotten my serial cable just in case things went bad.

Well glad I bought that cable because I needed it! I've flashed easily 20-30 back in the days of the old WRT54g and even performed a JTAG recovery so like my user name, I'm not a total noob. Performed the 30-30-30 and proceeded to flash the router from the webGUI factory-to-ddwrt.bin after 15 minutes of waiting the router looks like its in a hung state. So I connected up the serial cable, reboot and yes the router is hung...

U-Boot Environment: 0x00200000:0x00220000 (NAND)

Board configuration detected:
mvEthE6171SwitchBasicInit init
Net:
| port | Interface | PHY address |
|--------|-----------|--------------|
| egiga0 | RGMII | 0x01 |
| egiga1 | SGMII | 0x00 |
| egiga2 | SGMII | In-Band |
egiga0 [PRIME], egiga1, egiga2
auto_recovery_check changes bootcmd: run altnandboot
Hit any key to stop autoboot: 0

NAND read: device 0 offset 0x5a00000, size 0x600000
6291456 bytes read: OK
## Booting kernel from Legacy Image at 02000000 ...
Image Name: DD-WRT
Created: 2016-10-24 22:38:50 UTC
Image Type: ARM Linux Kernel Image (uncompressed)
Data Size: 1748772 Bytes = 1.7 MiB
Load Address: 00008000
Entry Point: 00008000
Verifying Checksum ... Bad Data CRC
ERROR: can't get kernel image!
Marvell>> env default -a
## Resetting to default environment
Marvell>> saveenv
Saving Environment to NAND...
U-ENV offset == 0x200000
Erasing Nand...
Writing to Nand... U-ENV offset == 0x200000
U-ENV offset == 0x200000
done
Marvell>> reset
resetting ...

After resetting the environment and rebooting from the console I am able to get back to the Linksys stock FW but no DD-WRT Sad

So I have no access to Telnet or SSH but I do have a console connection. Was the CRC error just a fluke? What should be my next steps aside from downloading again and flashing?
Sponsor
myersw
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 18:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you can get to the Linksys UI I would then install latest Linksys firmware from that UI and when it reboots repeat the process to get the router back on nothing but Linksys firmware in both partitions. From there you should then be able to install DD-WRT. Make sure you grab the factory to ddwrt file not the webflash for the first install.

--bill

ISP:Comcast
tutorial for flashing "WRT" series:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=287813
DD-WRT Installation, Upgrade & Basic Setup–Cliff Notes:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=311117
Kong DD-WRT Config Tutorial:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Install-and-Configure-a-DD-WRT-Kong-Router/
I tried to be normal once. Worst 2 minutes ever.
whatsashell
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 20:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
First off: You don't need to do a 30-30-30 reset on this router, it supports flashing Linux firmware out of the box.

Second: I think brainslayer is working on fixing the partition overwrite problem as in the timeline it references a code block to fix this.

Third: No idea what happened particularly to your specific situation, but it probably had something to do with the unneeded hard reset, maybe that puts the linksys firmware on a different partition to start? I dunno, but it should just work from the linksys UI using the factorytoddwrt file, assuming, of course, it's the correct file for your router.
NotatotalN00B
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you for the replies.

So I had what I thought was the latest Linksys Stock firmware downloaded after purchase, but I found this one FW_WRT3200ACM_1.0.5.176416_prod.img and flashed it successfully.

After that, the factory-to-ddwrt ran like a champ and loaded up DD-WRT (v3.0-r31722 3/21/17). I know it is a beta but I'd rather spend some time testing since that's where the fun lies! Very Happy

I thought I read almost every post here about flashing the ACM but obviously I was wrong. No 30-30-30 for the 3200ACM!

Thank you again for your replies!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: