WAN port is dead!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Magnetron1.1
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 0:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
ploquets wrote:
I have a TL-WDR3500 and not working after trying doing from telnet.

I'm using v3.0-r27506

What I did was:

nvram set vlan0ports="2 3 5*"
nvram set vlan1ports="0 1 4 5"
nvram commit
reboot

Tried with and without a number 1.... but just to make sure that I was plugging into the right port, I marked the border ports. But after doing that, the port is delivering IP from DHCP and not working as WAN.

Any advices?

It's actually easy to do. When it comes to making network configuration changes, always use the router's webgui FIRST. Oftentimes the nvram changes you make are overwritten on the next reboot. Sometimes nvram variables need to be changed that you are unaware of.

In this example the WAN port will be disabled and LAN port 1 will be substituted in its place. Navigate to the Settings --> VLANs webpage and uncheck the box under the Port W column thus disabling it. Next uncheck the box in the Port 1 column which disables it. Next check the box at the intersection of column Port 1 and row VLAN 2 and then at the intersection of Assigned to bridge and row VLAN 2 set the box to "none". Click Save and then Apply Settings. Finally reboot the router. These instructions were tested on an Netgear R7000 running build 25974 and should work for you.

- Magnetron1.1
Sponsor
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Magnetron, I've never gotten that to work on an atheros router. Only on Broadcom.
My r7000 is set up like that due to a bad wan port.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
Magnetron, I've never gotten that to work on an atheros router. Only on Broadcom.
My r7000 is set up like that due to a bad wan port.

Thanks for pointing that out. I just checked and it is an athros based router. I assumed broadcom because this is the Broadcom forum. Since I don't own one then I can't really help him.

-Magnetron1.1
ploquets
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm sorry. I did not realize that was a Broadcom forum. I searched on google about it and I ended up at this thread. Sorry.... I'll ask on Atheros Forum aswell . Thanks
calgarywifi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 19:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
dpp3530 wrote:
I think you can do it right from the GUI. Just move one of the LAN ports to VLAN1 under Setup/VLANs

it doesnt work if WAN is pppoe.. any suggestions?
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: