Port 22 shows open

porkenstein
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 18:02    Post subject: Port 22 shows open Reply with quote
I ran grc's port scanner and port 22 shows open. It's on my ASUS AC68U running DD-WRT v3.0-r29193 std (03/02/16). I went to admin,management, and ssh management is disabled. I am new to this so not sure what to do or how much of a problem this is. Also port 80 is showing closed rather than stealth. One other note I have PIA vpn setup specifically just for one ip. Not sure if that has anything to do with. Hope this all makes sense. Thanks in advance.
Sponsor
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 20:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
They should not have been open unless you have opened them on the Administration->Remote Access Tab.
porkenstein
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 21:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
eibgrad wrote:
GRC's reporting can be misleading. Since the first thing their service hits is your ISP's firewall, it may be reporting the ISP's firewall configuration rather than your own router! The only time their reporting is accurate wrt your router's firewall is when the ISP is just letting it pass on through. But if the ISP has a port closed or blocked, then it never gets to your router's firewall.

I think you hit the nail on the head. I live in a 55 plus retirement community and they provide wired internet to all of us even though we use our own routers so I'm sure you are correct. Thanks so much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: